DataTables warning ???

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

DataTables warning ???

Post by Stormy Peak »

I was posting a Private Horse offer, and when I went back into my PM Box, to looking at the last few messages I had sent I hot this message warning:

----------
www.simhorseracing.com says:

DataTables warning: table id=mysentmessages - Cannot reinitialise DataTable. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/3
-----------------------

I'm kind of afraid to refresh my messages...but I will...and just hope I won't lose them all. ??? :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: DataTables warning ???

Post by The Admin »

Don't worry, your message will be fine.

Does anyone have a way to consistently generate that error?
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I don't know if it matters...and I doubt it's an issue since I've done it Many, many times before but the last 2 notes I sent...one was in German, and the other in Spanish.

Also...the last note...was a mare lease. A player wished me to lease him a mare for $500k. I told him I would do it for $100k and sent the lease out for that much. But he wrote back and insisted on paying the $500k. So I went in and edited the lease price, posted a short note in Spanish on the mare's lease page and sent it. I then went into the PMs to see how the Private horse offer looked, as I had never had to edit a lease price after sending the horse out.

As soon as I clicked on the 'sent' tab in the PM box, I got that message pop up.

Also, sorry for the 1st message and wrong phrasing/words -- "went back to my pm box, to looking at my sent messages' instead of 'to look at' and also 'hot' rather than 'got'.

The serious round of Covid I had 2 years ago, really messed with my brain/'word reality' for lack of a better way of expressing it. I actually see wrong words as correct ones. Like I will type the word 'thing, when I mean think' or 'hot for got' or 'fist for first' It's only later when I re-read my posts, I see the typos...but again, as I typed them and looked them over the first time...they look correct. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

This is a little old, but I periodically see the same thing. I'll screenshot the next time I see it, but it's not consistently reproducible. Closing the tab or the browser and reopening seems to resolve the issue. I *think* this happens to me more often when my browser has six million tabs open, so my (non-technical) hunch is that its a client-side problem (memory leaks?). Can't prove it though.