Bell's

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Bell's

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

So I woke up today with the right side of my face paralyzed from something called Bell's palsy. This is going to be an interesting time. For those with a face that still works, smile a bunch, enjoy fine dining in public, and have a great New Year. I hope to be rejoining the normal folks in a few weeks. In the meantime, I can do an AMAZING Billy Idol impersonation, so there is an upside.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Bell's

Post by Darcy McBride »

I had Bell's Palsy when I was in my early 40's. Did not realize it until one of my co-workers told me one side of my face wasn't working right. It lasted a week to 10 days. The worst part was everything tasted very strange; almost a metallic kind of taste. I hope yours disappears quickly!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Darcy McBride wrote: 3 months ago I had Bell's Palsy when I was in my early 40's. Did not realize it until one of my co-workers told me one side of my face wasn't working right. It lasted a week to 10 days. The worst part was everything tasted very strange; almost a metallic kind of taste. I hope yours disappears quickly!
I have the metallic taste too! At first I kept looking for metal in my food.

I hope it goes away quickly as well. Meanwhile, I am just glad that I feel fine otherwise.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The metallic taste lasted nearly the entire time. Good time to lose weight, since nothing tasted good. Lol. I felt fine through all of mine as well. I just told everyone not to make me laugh!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

One of my best friends got this the week before his wedding! He was doing well-enough by the wedding so that with some creative positioning, their photos all looked fine, and they all took it in stride. It was about a month before he was back to normal and he's been fine ever since. Glad it's nothing worse!
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

My daughter had Bells Palsy for about a month it was complications from Lyme desease... You might want to get tested for lyme... Feel Better