Timid Boy Surprises His Owner/Breeder in the Saudi Arabian Classic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Timid Boy Surprises His Owner/Breeder in the Saudi Arabian Classic

Post by Tammy Fox »

My timid boy surprised me in the Saudi Arabian Classic.
The truth is he almost didn't start in the Saudi Arabian Classic. I did pay the nomination fee at the beginning of this sim year and had planned to run him in the Saudi Arabian Classic. However, after his performance in a race in Week 2 where Gud Ham and Use Your Illusion both older horses beat him. I felt that maybe he was simply not quite ready yet to go against the top older horses in the Saudi Arabian Classic. I had actually entered him in a G3 Stakes Week 4 Day 3. I went back and forth with myself about just going ahead and entering him in the Saudi Arabian Classic after I had entered him in that other race even though in my mind I knew he wouldn't win against the greats like Gud Ham and the Queen Shadow in the Moon. I finally decided after going back and forth to go ahead and enter him as even if he didn't win he could possibly win more money there coming in third or fourth than he would racing in the G3 stakes.
Imagine my surprise when I checked the results this morning and he had actually won the race I thought he wasn't ready for. I was impressed that this timid boy went wire to wire to win that race. He may be timid by what the sim trainer says but somewhere in there he found strength and determination to win that race, I guess like the Grinch his heart grew three sizes during that race.
I don't know how his year will go but I guess it is safe to say he might have a few more surprises in him for some of his future races.
It is also safe to say that after that performance this boy has earned his headshot. I plan to get that ordered soon.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Timid Boy Surprises His Owner/Breeder in the Saudi Arabian Classic

Post by Hope Bentley »

Congratulations Tammy! What an achievement for your 4yo colt! He’s definitely earned a headshot!

I was going to say why is he not in the Desert Cup!? But he’s too young … wow what a exciting future in years to come he has

I’ve had some noted timid horses that definitely were nit or are not timid …

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Re: Timid Boy Surprises His Owner/Breeder in the Saudi Arabian Classic

Post by Tammy Fox »

Thanks Hope. It was his owner/trainer/breeder who second guessed herself and him when it came to entering him in the Saudi Arabian Classic. I am glad I decided to just go with it and see what happened, I was hoping for a third at best in that race based on who he was competing against.
LOL, kind of reminded how I went back and forth about entering Moved to Tears all those sim years ago in that Desert Duty Free that was by invitation only, I was like no way she can beat some of the huge turf boys at that time but she proved me wrong (I wish I could have just one filly out of her racing in turf right now).
I am not sure how long he will be where he is at as he Freak-Peaked as a 3yo so I am really hoping he can hold on to that through his 4yo year and oh how I would love to see him keep it through his 5yo year(that would be his year to try both the Saudi Arabian Classic and the Saudi Cup). He is a breeding shed comment so I hope he hypos and produces as good as his sire does.
One thing I know is I need to stop second guessing him and me. I know he can't win all the time and it sucks when he loses but that makes the wins all that much better and more exciting.
I did not realize it until now but he is the first 4yo colt in the Saudi Arabian Classic history to win. That is really cool to know that he is only one of three 4yo's to have won this race as of this Sim Year.