another "longer career" that gets "blue hen" rating

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

another "longer career" that gets "blue hen" rating

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1567319

she is an allowance late bloomer that bloomed to "stakes gallop" (but never ran like a stakes horse)-

Y62-W10-D3 Trainer: You can plan for 'Friend in Low Places' to have a longer career if you want. This horse looks to be a late bloomer. You should bring her along carefully.; Y66-W4-D6 Agent: 'Friend in Low Places' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Friend in Low Places' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: another "longer career" that gets "blue hen" rating

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm very curious what Halley's broodmare rating will be when I retire her. She's freak longer career (started out stakes late bloomer) but as far as I know anything has a nothing pedigree behind her so while her being a blue hen would genuinely shock me, nothing below that would. Part of why I am still running her at 6 is I'd assumed (before examples like yours and others) she'd be formid at best.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

IMO Longer Career is a raced based comment meaning your horse will be able to race longer than a typical horse at or close to it's peak gallop/talent. Just my 2 cents
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I agree with Kent. I have retired a number of longer career mares and they've had the Blue Hen comment.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

My 2 cents and how I've started looking at this:

Longer career just means their broodmare number is below their racer number. Shed means their broodmare number is better than their racer number.
Now what's confusing in this is I think the broodmare number system is like 10-20 or something weird like that and I have no clue what the racer numbers are unless it's just peak speed figure possible or something (I've never actually seen the "back" of a horse page).

But if we just use a universal out of 100 system where SF is racer number and womb quality is something like 95-100 blue hen, 90-95 star, 80-90 formidable and 70-80 Good then in my head it starts to make sense.

So to use Carolyn's horse as an example, maybe it's peak possible speed figure was a 96 but it had a womb quality of 95. Well then it's a longer career because it's racer number is higher but it's a blue hen because it's womb quality is in the broodmare band score of blue hen.

Hopefully that made sense, feels very easy to understand in my head but typing it out feels very hard.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Last comment, I have retired quite a few "Shed" comments and can't remember any that weren't a Blue hen (not talking about junk mares). Have also retired a few Longer comments and can't remember any trend at all towards their ultimate Broodmare ratings. Andrew has probably got the way of it math wise as above. Maybe not perfectly but close. My bottom line is we already have a proven comment (shed) vs one that seems to be anybody's guess and interpretation.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Agree with Andrew James, the steward ( who knows the code) confirmed this is how the comment works
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Kent Saunders wrote: 3 months ago Last comment, I have retired quite a few "Shed" comments and can't remember any that weren't a Blue hen (not talking about junk mares). Have also retired a few Longer comments and can't remember any trend at all towards their ultimate Broodmare ratings. Andrew has probably got the way of it math wise as above. Maybe not perfectly but close. My bottom line is we already have a proven comment (shed) vs one that seems to be anybody's guess and interpretation.
Cheers Kent!

I'll just add there are lots of shed comments that end up as formidables or stars as well. Allowance horses for sure, believe I even had one Stakes horse with shed end up a formidable.

This productive shed horse I retired yesterday was a formidable: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1704419
Probably a 80 peak SF, 81 Womb Quality type mare.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I had a filly go peak and then downgrade eight weeks later. "Longer career".
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Gavin Guile wrote: 3 months ago Agree with Andrew James, the steward ( who knows the code) confirmed this is how the comment works
I was gonna say I definitely thought we had confirmation that it's not related to how long they can hold their peak but was a comparison to their racing number.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Andrew James wrote: 3 months ago My 2 cents and how I've started looking at this:

Longer career just means their broodmare number is below their racer number. Shed means their broodmare number is better than their racer number.
Caveat of "none of us really knows what any of this means" but I agree with Andrew's opinion.

"Breeding shed" - does *NOT* mean the mare should be bred.
"Longer career" - does *NOT* mean that the mare should be tossed on retirement.

You have to look at longer career/breeding shed in the context of the the horse's *peak* gallop.

In my speculative opinion, breeding shed means that the racing number is lower than the breeding number. In my speculative opinion, longer career means that the racing number is higher than the breeding number.

I don't know about other divisions, but in all three TB turf divisions, anything that peaks as allowance (or higher) can be a blue hen. That means any progressive or late bloomer productive *might* be a blue hen on peak. That allowance can be a longer career blue hen or a breeding shed blue hen. Whether she's going to be a good broodmares depends on her pedigree, the pedigrees of the stallions you send her to, and a little bit of luck.

The same applies to stallions except with hypos - don't breed a very low-hypoing stallion just because he says breeding shed and don't refuse to breed a high-hypoing stallion who says longer career.

People need to think about this somewhat logically - the Steward is *NOT* going to give us a gallop label that tells us whether or not we should do something with a horse. She doesn't want us culling as many horses as we already do cull, she's not going to give us gallop labels that make it easy to separate fillies out into 'breeders' and 'non-breeders' at a glance.

There are a couple useful tricks to the career gallop labels but for me I find it most useful to help struggling players. I lease my breeding shed fillies to other players to race and take the first foal. I'm not working with royally bred mares so I lease out the breeding shed fillies because they're just a little more likely to produce a good foal. It's just a little 'hint'.

Anyone who wants to dump nicely-bred high-gallop fillies because they say "longer career", please send them my way. I can find players who would be grateful for potential broodmares being tossed as trash.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I don’t know why this comes up each year when the Steward has confirmed how these comments work. This is a fact based on the written code of the game… opinions don’t need to be shared… can the steward or admin just explain for everyone again so there is no misinformation being spread here?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Exactly. It's strictly based off numbers, and has been confirmed as such multiple times now by The Steward. It has nothing to do with longevity.
It's simply this:
Is your horse's ultimate/peaked/final form racing number higher than their breeding ability number? Longer career.
Is your horse's ultimate/peaked/final form racing number lower than their breeding ability number? Breeding shed.

And, it could be by a TINY amount, which is why you can have an "Allowance Longer Career" still retire Blue Hen. The difference between the numbers was likely extremely low. Don't write off those "longer career" horses as breeding prospects, and don't automatically think your "breeding shed" filly is going to produce your Kentucky Derby Winner.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

don't think, just play
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 3 months ago don't think, just play
Use AI = 500 game points?

How far off are we for this becoming reality??