another "longer career" that gets "blue hen" rating

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: another "longer career" that gets "blue hen" rating

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Is this real life or are we dreaming?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

WHY can't things be simple?? In my perfect world 'longer career' should mean the horse has longevity ie doesnt fizzle out early, and 'breeding shed' should mean the horse has some ability to produce a good racer if all the stars align.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 3 months ago Is this real life or are we dreaming?
Currently, there is a Twilight Zone, not to be confused with Xander Zone, marathon airing on H&I.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I've been pairing the Breeding Shed/Longer Career with gallop ratings to help weed out my yearling groups. I figure the Breeding is a +1/+0 broodmare ranking, while Longer Career is a +0/-1 ranking. Since Productive gallops seem to equal formidable mares (give or take a ranking), I don't typically keep anything Solid or less as I expect them to be good/unpredictable broodmares at best and I don't breed those. However, I'll keep any solid/claimer fillies with a Breeding comment to see if their gallop improves as they turn 2yo and 3yo, and then once retired if they get bumped up to a formidable broodmare ranking.
On the flip side, I'll keep all Longer Career Allowance or better fillies as I don't think I've gotten worse than formidable ranking from any of them. Productive Longer Career fillies are a coin flip; if they've got quicker workouts, I'll keep them for claiming levels but if they've got slow works, they usually get sold off.