Proper amount of work?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Proper amount of work?

Post by J.P Dogood »

For the first time I paid to know the perfect equipment for a yearling. Now with first timed workouts I don’t know what to do. Typically I work out my yearling and untaxed 2 year olds every week until I find their perfect equipment, thus having them fully ready to race (they’re typically all routers so week 12 give or take).

But now that I don’t need the workouts to find equipment, I don’t know how often to work a horse to get them ready to run. I also don’t know which work I should give them?

Thoughts and advice appreciated.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Proper amount of work?

Post by Randall Allen »

I would probably workout the yearling once a week with the correct equipment, even though you already know. I.e. train them on normal schedule like you normally do (if they didn't have equipment) and have success with.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Proper amount of work?

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I thought same thing when I first did it lol. I was like is the horse getting bored

So now the horses I pay equipment for train differently, I still use timed workouts just not as often. I throw in other training to keep them fit and busy. Does it make a difference probably not but I do so anyway
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: