3 yr old filly German Derby or not?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

3 yr old filly German Derby or not?

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Hey everyone,

I'd love to get some opinions on this: I've got this lovely filly and I'm not sure where to run her week 6.
I'm from Germany and have always hoped that one day I'll win the German Derby in the Sim. I think from speed figures alone she could compete with the boys, but I'm not sure about the distance? Is 12 furlongs in week 6 against colts too much for a filly? Does her pedigree indicate to you that she likes shorter routes? I don't know what to do..

Thanks for any suggestions!

Lisa
Richard Diemand
Sprinter

Re: 3 yr old filly German Derby or not?

Post by Richard Diemand »

Your filly hasn't had a rest for more than 2 weeks since she started racing, but she seems more than capable of doing well with the " boys ". Nothing ventured nothing gained - right- GOOD LUCK
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Do it.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I would do it to for sure, also if a horse is very sound every 2 weeks is enough rest
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

If she's sound or very sound and is vetting well I say go for it. I know she hasn't had 'a break' yet but my top AWS girls are vetting 'ready to race' sometimes less than a week after they ran (of course I don't run them that close regardless). If you're worried about rest maybe get her a companion animal to get a little bit more rest accrued but if she was mine I'd definitely be entering her to see how she does. You can't win if you're not in.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Based on pedigree, the distance shouldn't be a problem - her sire won a 12f Grade 1 by two lengths in his only try at the distance (he beat Moon On Fire in that race, no slouch). Also, the full brother to her dam LOVED 12 furlongs. Her age, and it still being pre-Week 9 are what concern me more than anything else, but she's a formidable filly. You can't win it if you're not in it! Best of luck!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I'd absolutely suggest running her against the boys if that's a race you want to win. Source: have a filly that is one of the greatest ever and has not faced a field restricted to fillies since Week 4 of her 3yo year (Signaling).
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Both her sire and damsire won grade 1s at a 1m 1/2, and it doesn't look the strongest of grade 1s. I'd say let her race, viel Glück!
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Good luck with her! Hope she gets you the win! I think she has an excellent chance.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

One of my favourite animals currently in training. I will NOT be shocked when she wins!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

E Z Clap
;p
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Congratulations to the German Derby win! 🏆 Lovely filly! 🤩
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2213651
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Amazing!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Congratulations Lisa! Go big or go home tends to pay off when you've got a beast like that :)
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Huge congrats Lisa! So glad she picked up the win for you and I can’t wait to see what she does the rest of her career!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k