The battle continues!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

The battle continues!

Post by John Smith »

between me and equipment!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1707516&

B and L was the winning combo...somehow.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: The battle continues!

Post by Gavin Guile »

Not sure…but I wouldn’t gallop during the week if doing weekly workouts..the horse may have been tired and that could’ve caused the times to be “off” for the equipment.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Gavin Guile wrote: 3 months ago Not sure…but I wouldn’t gallop during the week if doing weekly workouts..the horse may have been tired and that could’ve caused the times to be “off” for the equipment.
Could be..i was aware of that in my analysis and the generally accepted tenet to keep everything the same for works...but the lasix was 2 weeks no gallop...reasonably that should have given a better number

you will notice I gave blinkers a shot due to that wk 12/64 and wk 3/65...but didnt even crack sub 59 on the lasix
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

John Smith wrote: 3 months ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 3 months ago Not sure…but I wouldn’t gallop during the week if doing weekly workouts..the horse may have been tired and that could’ve caused the times to be “off” for the equipment.
Could be..i was aware of that in my analysis and the generally accepted tenet to keep everything the same for works...but the lasix was 2 weeks no gallop...reasonably that should have given a better number

you will notice I gave blinkers a shot due to that wk 12/64 and wk 3/65...but didnt even crack sub 59 on the lasix
Keep putting in the work John you doing great!!

I had a couple like that too but they we're claimers and for some reason them claimers seem harder to tell
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

so this horse will be at race 6 after the upcoming race, and I will then get to know his rightful equipment https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1686166

I just want to say that both horses I have shared here are stakes gallopers. With this second horse you will notice I galloped the same every time and yet the equip advantage still was not discernible over the apparent "tiredness dings." it is interesting as the above example had almost two weeks of no gallops for a piece of equip of choice (lasix) and still showed no time advantage.

leads me to believe they are randomly assigned within a range possibly.

In the old days (few seasons ago) maybe this was an article!

I also agree as Anthony states - claimers/solids seem harder to sauce out.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

John Smith wrote: 3 months ago so this horse will be at race 6 after the upcoming race, and I will then get to know his rightful equipment https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1686166

I just want to say that both horses I have shared here are stakes gallopers. With this second horse you will notice I galloped the same every time and yet the equip advantage still was not discernible over the apparent "tiredness dings." it is interesting as the above example had almost two weeks of no gallops for a piece of equip of choice (lasix) and still showed no time advantage.

leads me to believe they are randomly assigned within a range possibly.

In the old days (few seasons ago) maybe this was an article!

I also agree as Anthony states - claimers/solids seem harder to sauce out.
Also, the amount of tiredness will affect each horse differently. I've found with TB's, once they are fit, if I do nothing but work them each week, same day, same distance, different equipment, 99% of the time I get the right equipment. It is still less clear cut with the mixers but still about 90%.
Edit to add: first work with no equipment as a baseline.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

The times are highly accurate without extra exercise.

From context this appears to not be the first time you asked about this.

Is this a problem with all your horses or a stubborn few?

I work my horses twice a week from week 1 to week 3. They've always been fit. Then I do the timed workouts one item at a time starting with no equipment week 4.

Some notes that might be helpful:

- if you get an equipment piece from gallops there will always be a second piece.
- it's pretty consistent for me that if a horse gets 3 pieces with the exact same workout time the horse only has one piece.

I'm not good with numbers so I don't look too closely at the times. Once they're racing and I'm checking equipment I have the same pattern:

- sort workouts by time.
- check first + second by time.
- check first + one piece.
- check first + third by time.
- check second + third by time.

By then I have it with nearly all being 1+2. Each crop I have 3-4 where I have to buy equipment from the jockey or with GP and I have no clue why.

Is this most/all your horses or just a couple. If it's a couple it happens. If it's most of them I think it's the tiredness from extra exercise.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 months ago The times are highly accurate without extra exercise.

From context this appears to not be the first time you asked about this.

I work my horses twice a week from week 1 to week 3. They've always been fit. Then I do the timed workouts one item at a time starting with no equipment week 4.

Some notes that might be helpful:

- if you get an equipment piece from gallops there will always be a second piece.
- it's pretty consistent for me that if a horse gets 3 pieces with the exact same workout time the horse only has one piece.

I'm not good with numbers so I don't look too closely at the times. Once they're racing and I'm checking equipment I have the same pattern:

- sort workouts by time.
- check first + second by time.
- check first + one piece.
- check first + third by time.
- check second + third by time.

By then I have it with nearly all being 1+2. Each crop I have 3-4 where I have to buy equipment from the jockey or with GP and I have no clue why.

Is this most/all your horses or just a couple. If it's a couple it happens. If it's most of them I think it's the tiredness from extra exercise.
Thanks for info - a stubborn few - these were held out as a bit of an experiment being from similar gallop levels beyond the hard to discern claimers., but thought it revealed some interesting results, especially the blinkers after about 1.5 weeks of rest work when should have been apparently fit.

As always it is hard to make any conclusive judgments on the one or two listed here but as we all probably know maybe the work is cumulative over the year as well, even in works so maybe the forces of fitness and cumulative wear may be contributing. Not to mention progress/improvment with tiredness and fitness...

A lot of variables is what i am really trying to say here... ;)
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

John Smith wrote: 3 months ago
Gwen Morse wrote: 3 months ago
Thanks for info - a stubborn few - these were held out as a bit of an experiment being from similar gallop levels beyond the hard to discern claimers., but thought it revealed some interesting results, especially the blinkers after about 1.5 weeks of rest work when should have been apparently fit.
One last thought but back in 2020 I made notes on all my foals and the equipment pieces they got for multiple seasons.

Blinkers were the #1 trainer piece by a large margin.
Tongue tie was the #1 vet piece by a decent margin but Lasix was pretty close. Relatively few needed bandages.

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post because it's less useful now that we don't get the trainer/vet hints in the free gallop comments anymore.

But if I'm feeling cheap I'll sometimes try these three if they're close to the middle of the training times. It's done with after-knowledge but it would have 'worked' in this case...

Gwen
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100