motivation

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

motivation

Post by Ren Marston »

any tips on getting sim motivation back??? am struggling terribly
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: motivation

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Give me all your horses
;p
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I’ve genuinely never thought about quitting the game more than I have this past month. My horses suck, real life is incredibly busy, and my mojo for the game is basically nonexistent at the moment. What helps me, is focusing on how awesome the future could be. Thinking about up and coming youngsters that I’m looking forward to definitely helps keep the motivation up. And if all else fails, do a cull and scale down a bit, that way you’re only running horses you WANT to run.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

My trick was to viciously cull any runner under allowance and any mare under star. Less to do, and even tho my stable is not high class, and there were fewer races, the results were more rewarding.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Ren Marston wrote: 3 months ago any tips on getting sim motivation back??? am struggling terribly
Same here. Seems to coincide with having lousy horses :(
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Is there any consolation knowing you’re not alone? I’ve always been proud of my small stable and somehow my numbers have squeaked up to over 1200. My entries are way behind and I can’t believe I have over 350 broodmares!

A deep culling is in order, if I could come up with the will to do it!
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

The big race days are nice, but since top horses are few and far between except for a few elite Simsters, I've made a deliberate decision to find a lot of satisfaction in the smaller races. If one gets some joy from placing a horse correctly to earn in claimers, there's some happiness every day from the Sim. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have ambitions to keep improving and compete more at higher levels, but it makes me excited to check on results every single morning.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Breeding is very exciting, it's something I research throughout the season. This alone keeps me busy and interested, if I land a few good horses every few years it just adds to it.

I also have a few goals and they aswell keep me interested
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I always say - and the great Laura Ferguson always demonstrates - you cannot get to the point where the SIM is a chore. Once it feels like a chore, no one is having fun. So cull cull cull or do what it takes to make it feel less like WORK.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Or if you’re bored, take on another players stable for a while!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Week 7 is always a lull for me. There is the letdown of anyone that didn't do as we hoped in W6, and the improvers, milers (except freaks), and routers are a few weeks away from perking things up. It gets better for me after W9, maybe you'll get your pep back then, too.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

Feel like you ren at the moment
Stakes horses can’t break maiden tag,winners have gone from 90-100 a year to 37 last year and if it wasn’t for wanting to see what my turf miler stud listen in the dark can do with his first crop next year I think I’d be considering giving up after being here since year 29.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 3 months ago Breeding is very exciting, it's something I research throughout the season. This alone keeps me busy and interested, if I land a few good horses every few years it just adds to it.

I also have a few goals and they aswell keep me interested
this keeps me interested - I enjoy doing line searches following to mares I can't afford. After going through my first real "life disruption," since starting the sim, I was unable to watch the plethora of races like I normally do and just relied on the results and shipped them home - line research and stud combos kept me engaged when there was little else to do but wait on results. (mobile interactions with SIM are tough for me)

My over stated details here are an attempt to say, I think if one finds the facet they enjoy most it leads to other unplayed paradigms in the SIM - I have had maybe 5 crops since being here and think I have changed "focus," all 5 times. If I get this "figured out," maybe I will look for something else?

As of now, plenty of variables to "test." Also, the 1st 6 weeks in any season seems dry to me - milers start this week, routers soon after, That's exciting... although the routers are a bit frustrating having to wait on longer distances until really 4 years old with any consistency.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Current Status- Motivation = 0.....see Em's Post for the future of my stable.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Kent Saunders wrote: 3 months ago Current Status- Motivation = 0.....see Em's Post for the future of my stable.
Honestly blows my mind that you've been able to maintain steam with such a large and diverse barn for so long. I didn't even run half as many as you did last year and still felt like the sim was turning into a second job. Polk and Flizan as well, Caesar, all those people with thousands and thousands of starts a year.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE