Versatile?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Versatile?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1772945
This colt is listed as "Versatile"
He's out of a Sprint mare, and by a versatile Sprint/Mid/Route sire.. So is it safe to assume he can sprint AND mid? He doesn't seem to like doing either, honestly :lol:
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Versatile?

Post by Hope Bentley »

So handsome!
To me he’s more sprinter… but I look forward to watching him progress… and what you do next with him.

When a horse is bred like he … I still go off what the bottom line is … if he was mine I’d feel like I had to stick to sprints or maybe an easy mid.

Will be interesting to watch him … I really look forward to seeing him do well and using him as a stud one day I’d breed to him on looks alone :)

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The dam’s sire is tri distance as well.
He has the blood to run all 3 distances, but sometimes they don’t all carry down 100%.

Similar to this guy in my barn https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1595717. He has tri distance on both sides. He can prob route, but never tested at it. He actually ran decent at mid which is where I started him, but you can see he really wanted to sprint so I decided to keep him there.

I always base my test off SF per distance. He has done well with sprint and only 82sf at mid. Untested at route.

Like Hope said he appears to prefer sprint at best, but can also do a little of the rest.

If you get him to stud it might be a fun guy to use for future multi distance foals.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Thank you both :)
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

From what I’ve found with my tri distance endeavor in Paints the versatile seems to be triggered when you have multi distance in the grand sire/dam and the sire/dam, in his case Blue Corazon and Eyes for Gold. However they don’t seem to run well across the other distances, but these horses tend to produce multi distance horses better than they run multi distance. Seems to be true for him as well based off the SF in his mid race.

In a nutshell, he’s probably going to prefer sprint, while he won’t be a complete slouch at the other distances he’s probably not going to be as good as he is at the sprint distance. Now if he makes it to stud (🤞come on buddy!) he should be at least a somewhat decent multi distanced option. Mind you, he may not be a top tier mid/route option, but should be able to produce decent at those distances. He should be able to produce all three distances which I was pretty excited about when I bred him, I used Eyes for Gold because he’s an amazing producer, but his versatility is a pretty awesome bonus, especially with Remington and her female family

Ps, his headshot is gorgeous ❤️ Now if he could get his act together that’d be great
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k