SKCat - Progeny News

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

SKCat - Progeny News

Post by Hope Bentley »

After some recent Silver Kitty Cat (SKC is 10 years old) progeny gallop upgrades and race improvements in my own stable and other very nice achievements from other trainers horses I wanted to give out some information on these horses and make them known … just to highlight them to you and of course their sire SKC.

First I want to share the current top 50 list for the fastest working QH yearlings at 400 yards. I work all my mids at 400 and so do many others although I’m aware some like to do 440 which I might do with my better yearlings soon.
The top 3 horses have been the same 3 yearlings all by SKC(all owned by me) but recently were joined by a 4th very fast worker and also stakes galloper in a daughter(and her first work) of Shujing and Silver Kitty Cat owned by Laura Ferguson. In 12th fastest work is Steve Handley’s filly Full Silver Bellie by SKC. In 15Th fastest yearling horse is Cesar Raez’s filly and Ken Lind’s Stakes filly is working at 18th fastest work while going through the gear pieces. Many other nice Silver Kitty Cat yearlings are in the current top 50 check them out. Also are some yearlings I own from daughters of SKC that are also showing lots of speed.
Link to current top 50 yearlings - https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... e=&Type=-1

Older racing progeny:

A super exciting 3yo colt owned and bred by Laura Ferguson has caught my eye even more recently after his latest stakes win in the Distillery Stakes with a time of 18:99 at 400 yrds. His name is BEAUX and he is so beautifully bred being from the mare Buljoos.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1696092 - link to Beaux

HEART OF A CAT - multi stakes winner -now a FREAK
Her story so far: she was a stakes peak yearling breeding shed (likes the MUD) that worked real nice some of the fastest works as a yearling at the time. As a 2yo she won some stakes races including a G3 beating Shell of the Crab. At 3 she won two listed stakes nicely then continued on a 2nd streak and no more stakes wins …… into her 4yo year she was still a stakes peak and I had plans to retire her at the end of the year with her breeding shed comment encouraging that. But by week 12 she won a sloppy stakes with a 18:90 and 100sf I thought wow that’s new … and she has continued with 3 more stakes wins with 99s and 100 sf and another G3 win. So I recently did a talent check to see if my stakes peak girl was still what I expected was stakes peak and instead she has improved to say a FREAK peak. Shes placed nicely again in a muddy G3 out next
Check out her headshot and I don’t believe I will retire this year. She’s a half sis to Tornac too !
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1578649 - link Heart of a Cat

Another late improving just turned FREAK is BLUE KITTY CAT. A blue roan of course.
She is also a 5yo mare. She was a stakes late bloomer yearling went to peak stakes at late 3, then just moved up to a FREAK peak recently probably as a mid 4yo I’m guessing going off speed figures. I had high hopes for this girl more than Heart of a Cat(because she was peak and I assumed wrongly that’s the best she would be) she’s been racing super nice for me this year that I may continue racing as a 6yo mare. Shes from a El Dorado mare that is a sister to SC winner Glitzen.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1578654 - Blue Kitty Cat link

My 2yo colt MICC DROP - a stakes /late bloomer won an Austin Futurity trial then ran a satisfying 3rd in the AUSTIN FUTURITY.
Then he win a Rainstorm Futurity trial but lucked out in the final. I am pretty excited though about his future he was one of the faster working 400 yard QH yearlings that year all round.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1773453 - link to MICC Drop

ARMED WITH HOPE - is another daughter that is so consistent in stakes company for trainer Phil Furlong. She’s either winning with tops of sf of 96 and 98 or always high in the money! She has a really nice dam line that goes back to a line of horses still racing and treasured by Stormy Peak. Love watching this mare do so well for her owner! Shes still listed as an allowance but I’d say she’s upgraded to a stakes by now.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1612129 - Link

Some other progeny to check out that are stakes winners are Silverlynn(won over 100k) Kitty Cat Strike(3rd in the SC at 2YO!). Julieta( she’s great little mare that is consistently high in the money in the big Futurity races and this years latest Derby in the money! ) , Bady Kitty Caty, all bred and owned by top trainers! Also worth a look over is my 4yo colt Mountainn Cat, who is a multi SW and G3 Winner. So many more worth a mention.

can’t forget Sophisticated Cat who’s still a late bloomer into week 8! What shes doing next I haven’t decided. And I should mention she
won the G1 AUSTIN DERBY and its trial early this year and a Rainstorm trial. While she was just out of the $ in the final it was a ridiculously close race with mostly noses and barely heads between all horses.

SILVER KITTY CAT … IS a multi FREAK Sire, with more to improve to freak or be born!! He’s the sire of many stakes winners and the first and only 2YO triple crown QH winner in Sophisticated Cat. Check out the stallion ratings too in all filters for mid stallions

I’ve wrestled with the temptation of raising his fee to 40k or more, his current average per runner is over $46,000 with 170 runners. 16 at this time are stakes winners with 101 are winners(before tonight’s races) over 59 percent winners to runners. I’ll update maybe after races.

BUT I want hisfee to stay a fair price be mostly affordable considering the quality he sires on a consistent basis. He’s also a monster hypoer.

Hope you may consider him for the first time or again for your good mid distance mares, to possibly breed the next big FUTURITY OR DERBY horse or even TRIPLE CROWN Winner!

Sooo he’s still $35,000 for QHs and $20,000 for other breeds where he has sired some stakes gallopers.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats