FINAL auction results mistake

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

FINAL auction results mistake

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Last week I put up a BLUE hen auction which ended 11pm tonight... People were bidding on all the horses througout the week... When I checked the final results tonight 3 of the horses had a bid of 0 dollars on them... With five minutes left to the end of the auction I checked and I saw that Cesar Raez had bid at least 10 thousand dollars on 2 of the horses ,go get um liz and golden rulez and 5 thousand dollars was bid on the school bully.....Not sure what happened but those horses should have sold
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: FINAL auction results mistake

Post by Cleo Patra »

You had it set to the following restrictions:
"In this auction, you may have the high bid on 5 horses at one time. Each player can win no more than 1 horse in this auction."

I always double and triple check my auctions because I'm nervous of doing the same thing! Generally make sure its set to unlimited buys.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: FINAL auction results mistake

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 months ago You had it set to the following restrictions:
"In this auction, you may have the high bid on 5 horses at one time. Each player can win no more than 1 horse in this auction."

I always double and triple check my auctions because I'm nervous of doing the same thing! Generally make sure its set to unlimited buys.
I made that mistake once. Luckily someone hoping to win more than 1 horse messaged me and I was able to get the steward to change it before the auction closed. I really wish auctions defaulted to things being unlimited as that is what most player auctions are set to and it would be one less thing folks had to remember to click.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*