Slowness

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Slowness

Post by The Admin »

The SIM is having some issue that causes the pages to load very slowly. It comes and goes. As of now, I don't understand what is happening. I continue to monitor it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Slowness

Post by Chris Briggs »

If it counts for anything, I was having slowness issues at 4am PST. The site also lists as down at times on downdetector. Good luck, I was just chalking it up to weather or something.

Thanks for the update!
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

Thanks for the message Chris. Sorry about the slowness issues.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I made some configuration changes on the server. I think it has been running well for a while now. Keep your fingers crossed....
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I've seen issue with it since Tuesday night (Feb. 6).

Mostly slowness, but it always went down a number of times for up to 3 minutes or so. I checked with 'is it just me' site down reporting after the Sim went off line for more than a minute and got the 'It's not just you, the site is down for everyone' message.

It was doing it yesterday too, but mostly just running slow, and not going totally off line more than once or twice...but it was popping back up within 30 seconds or so. Seems to be running fine at the moment.

Sorry you are dealing with this...hopefully you have it fixed....I hate the idea of you dealing with it more than me dealing with the slowed down page loading. Thank you for your work!

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

The website is running slow again, and showing on a web checker page as 'server not responding' It started at about 7.25 pm UK time but had been fine until then .
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Thanks. It appears that I improved the problem, but didn't completely solve it. A problem that would happen within 10-15 minutes, now takes a couple of days. Back to the drawing board.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

It was really gummy this afternoon PST for me. I tried clearing my cache and browser history, but it didn't seem to make much difference. Like you said, it comes and goes. Tonight was normal again.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I may have fixed it this time. There was a spider bot that was hitting the sim every second but not releasing the connection. It quickly used up all connections. I blocked the bot. It has been running well ever since. We may be good until a new, bad bot comes around.
Phil Furlong
Two Year Old

Slowness loading Racing Barn

Post by Phil Furlong »

Quick question......racing barn is taking 13-14 seconds to load and open after hitting enter.......this since 3/24.
Wondered if it was issue with my PC, but also occurring with my mobile device.
Breeding barn (which is about the same size as my racing barn) loads and opens instantaneously. Same with training barn.
Appreciate any feedback!
Thanking You, Admin!
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Slowness loading Racing Barn

Post by The Admin »

Phil Furlong wrote: 1 month ago Quick question......racing barn is taking 13-14 seconds to load and open after hitting enter.......this since 3/24.
Wondered if it was issue with my PC, but also occurring with my mobile device.
Breeding barn (which is about the same size as my racing barn) loads and opens instantaneously. Same with training barn.
Appreciate any feedback!
Thanking You, Admin!
I'm looking in to this. For some reason, it is taking it longer to determine the last raced date for each horse. The other barns don't show that, so they are faster. I'll see if I can optimize it better.
Phil Furlong
Two Year Old

Racing Barn loading slow

Post by Phil Furlong »

Thank you for looking into this!
Appreciate greatly all the support!
Phil Furlong
Two Year Old

Racing Barn taking 13-14 seconds to load

Post by Phil Furlong »

Any additional update on this issue?
Admin, thank you for investigating!
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Heck mine are taking a couple of "Minutes" to pull a barn up and 1-2 minutes to filter from 4 yr olds to 5 and up. Better have a book close by right now although it's been close to this slow for weeks.....
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Try it now.