Things I Ate

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Things I Ate

Post by Gavin Guile »

On the boat sailing to Nantucket tonight I had the following:
Started the night off with a spinach and artichoke bread bowl (of course the homemade bread was freshly made by scratch that day)…

Then moved on to a crisp arugula salad mixed with kale and açaí berries for the antioxidants (who can live without them?!?) also included some chickpeas with a nice balsamic vinaigrette.

Then a nice bowl of New England clam chowder with fresh crab meat caught off the coast of Buzzards Bay (if they ain’t from Buzzards is it even really crab?!?)
Now I was ready for the main meal after a quick palate cleanser…

Foie gras with caramelized apples drizzled under an onion marmalade with fig chutney. Paired that with a bottle of 2019 Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Sec “La Canopee” wine that was delectable…my wife said we shouldn’t open a second bottle, but we couldn’t resist (who can? Am I right fellow oenophiles?)

Then for dessert a strawberry cobbler with a dash of lemon zest and coconut shavings! Yum!!!

Ah who am I kidding? I really just had a bowl of Special K with Red Berries after the kids finally went to sleep…was a good cereal so I’m happy with it - was a nice dinner
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Breakfast burrito
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Gavin Guile wrote: 2 months ago On the boat sailing to Nantucket tonight I had the following:
Started the night off with a spinach and artichoke bread bowl (of course the homemade bread was freshly made by scratch that day)…

Then moved on to a crisp arugula salad mixed with kale and açaí berries for the antioxidants (who can live without them?!?) also included some chickpeas with a nice balsamic vinaigrette.

Then a nice bowl of New England clam chowder with fresh crab meat caught off the coast of Buzzards Bay (if they ain’t from Buzzards is it even really crab?!?)
Now I was ready for the main meal after a quick palate cleanser…

Foie gras with caramelized apples drizzled under an onion marmalade with fig chutney. Paired that with a bottle of 2019 Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Sec “La Canopee” wine that was delectable…my wife said we shouldn’t open a second bottle, but we couldn’t resist (who can? Am I right fellow oenophiles?)

Then for dessert a strawberry cobbler with a dash of lemon zest and coconut shavings! Yum!!!

Ah who am I kidding? I really just had a bowl of Special K with Red Berries after the kids finally went to sleep…was a good cereal so I’m happy with it - was a nice dinner
Salivating at the thought of such an exquisite menu! Who am I kidding? I had Shreddies with blackberries! Cheers to “breakfast” for dinner!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Ground venison tacos.
Sue Wentz
Sprinter

Post by Sue Wentz »

Andrew Chillin wrote: 2 months ago Scrapple
I have some in my freezer. The best grossest-ingredient breakfast food that no one's ever heard of outside of Amish country.

But tonight it's going to be a T-bone steak seared in a cast iron skillet with salt, black pepper, garlic, and butter, topped with sauteed mushrooms. My arteries are in a panic just thinking about it, so I'll have salad too. Maybe even a baked potato.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Sue Wentz wrote: 2 months ago
Andrew Chillin wrote: 2 months ago Scrapple
I have some in my freezer. The best grossest-ingredient breakfast food that no one's ever heard of outside of Amish country.

But tonight it's going to be a T-bone steak seared in a cast iron skillet with salt, black pepper, garlic, and butter, topped with sauteed mushrooms. My arteries are in a panic just thinking about it, so I'll have salad too. Maybe even a baked potato.
There is a similar food near Cincinnati called goetta, which is sausage with steel-cut oats. Both are yummy.
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Well, before this thread I'd never heard of scrapple. But after some research on interweb, I now know recipes, history and that there's a National Scrapple day in November !!

I'll stick to me pancakes next tuesday !!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Chili Beans

Made a whole mess of them today and its going to be better left over for a superbowl feed as well....
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I just made 2 gallons of 3 bean chili today.

one can each of: Pinto, red (kidney) and garbanzo (rinsed)
2lbs of hamburger fried with chili, paprika, garlic, and cumin powders, along with a bit of kosher salt.
Add the above to the stock pot along with:

1 quart of chicken broth
4 stalks of celery
2 bell peppers
1 large onion
a decent amount of Tabasco smoked chipotle sauce
And about 1/4 cup of Strubbs Hickory Bourbon BBQ sauce.
more of the above mentioned powders, plus about a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn with the liquid.
Add water to cover the ingredients,

I think the Texans here will lynch me for adding corn and bbq sauce to my chili...but I like it like that : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000