Grade 1 totals

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Grade 1 totals

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

For Flat thoroughbreds
There are
149 Grade 1s on Dirt
211 Grade 1s on turf
40 Grade 1s on All Weather

I’m not asking for All weather to be on the same level as turf or dirt but there should be more races and more options for big time horses in Aw your lucky to crack 300k in earnings. Also the stake schedule is very dodgy where you can’t find anything higher then a grade 3 and there’s almost 4 weeks gaps toward the end of the year that make planning a stew cup run very diffficult many times I’ve taking 4 weeks off heading into the stew cup because the stake schedule didn’t have a clear path to the SC.

This is just me * about my favourite surface but I do think it could use a change I know there’s way less horses in the Aw division but I think it’s overgrown this current stake schedule especially top end horses.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Grade 1 totals

Post by The Steward »

It's 100% time for an overhaul. It has really flourished the last few generations!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Awesome news!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

That is such good news! I love the ALW division and I am looking forward to a wider offer of races! : D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

The Steward wrote: 2 months ago It's 100% time for an overhaul. It has really flourished the last few generations!

Let’s Gooooooooo !!!! Thanks em
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

My takeaway here is that dirt racing needs more G1s.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The Steward wrote: 2 months ago It's 100% time for an overhaul. It has really flourished the last few generations!
That would be terrific, Em! Can't wait to see it!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 months ago My takeaway here is that dirt racing needs more G1s.

15 more sprints 15 more miler G1s Danny
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 2 months ago For Flat thoroughbreds
There are
149 Grade 1s on Dirt
211 Grade 1s on turf
Congrats Joseph on getting the Steward to take notice :D.

Why does turf have more than dirt? Do we have more TS and TM racers than there are DS and DM?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Now I’m curious on the splits per division, how many sponsored races are included in the totals, and the influence of player owned tracks on the numbers 🤔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 2 months ago Now I’m curious on the splits per division, how many sponsored races are included in the totals, and the influence of player owned tracks on the numbers 🤔
We lost 2 AWR player sponsored tracks this year and it was a very noticeable difference to me, not just for stakes opportunities but non-claimer entries in general. The top 10 horses don't have enough diversity in G1s/G2s to spread out schedules and keep knocking heads in the same races. Listed stakes are still uber competitive because the top 1% don't have anywhere else to go. I have the hardest time with my "allowances" because I either have to drop them into claimers or get huge gaps in their schedules because distance options just aren't there; I have yet to see a week where I have short, mid and long distance route entries available - usually it's one or the other. Double entries are also significantly higher for me this year, which means fewer chances to get each horse wins.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gwen Morse wrote: 2 months ago
Joseph Depaulo wrote: 2 months ago For Flat thoroughbreds
There are
149 Grade 1s on Dirt
211 Grade 1s on turf
Congrats Joseph on getting the Steward to take notice :D.

Why does turf have more than dirt? Do we have more TS and TM racers than there are DS and DM?
The real answer here is because of global racing.... all around the whole world there's more G1 turf races than dirt and those are reflected here (such as no big dirt racing in all of Euro or AUS, but lots of turf).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

We still need a bit more time to look into the Grade 1 situation on the All Weather circuit.
We just added a new AW racecourse called The Moritz and have carded it from weeks 12 to 16.
Danish Racecourse seemed to have been forgotten so races have also just been made for the same weeks.
And at the suggestion of Gwen Morse, a new track exclusively for intermediate players has been created and carded to the end of this season.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Entry Clerk wrote: 2 months ago We still need a bit more time to look into the Grade 1 situation on the All Weather circuit.
We just added a new AW racecourse called The Moritz and have carded it from weeks 12 to 16.
Danish Racecourse seemed to have been forgotten so races have also just been made for the same weeks.
And at the suggestion of Gwen Morse, a new track exclusively for intermediate players has been created and carded to the end of this season.
Thank you very much!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Entry Clerk wrote: 2 months ago We still need a bit more time to look into the Grade 1 situation on the All Weather circuit.
Phenomenal! Thank you!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt