New All Weather and Intermediate Players Racetrack

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

New All Weather and Intermediate Players Racetrack

Post by Entry Clerk »

After reading players views about All Weather racing we have just created and carded a new venue called The Moritz. Another track called Ben Nevis is also waiting in the wings while we work with some consultants regarding what type of races are needed but most importantly reviewing the Stakes Schedule for AW racing.
Intermediate players just got their own racecourse created called Transitional Park, in line with Trial Park and Junior High.
This is an excellent idea from Gwen Morse who feels intermediate players still need time to find their way with breeding horses so from next season the races run at this track will be restricted to horses owned and bred by intermediate players who will be at intermediate status for about 160 weeks.stop press error: sorry i was wrong thank you W C Lee for pointing out a player is at intermediate status for 60 weeks It will give in intermediate players the option to race their bred horses in calmer waters if the so wish.
Transitional Park does already have races carded from weeks 12-16 but it will require the time in the next break for the coding to be done to restrict the races at this track to be exclusively for intermediate owned and bred horses.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: New All Weather and Intermediate Players Racetrack

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Good move to limit to intermediate-bred horses, alleviates the overpowered lease problem TP sometimes has so people can actually feel like their early homebreds are worth running.

Glad to see all distances represented at the AW track as well.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

This is so marvelous! Good job to the team! <3
Last edited by Sara Julin 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I really like the restriction that the horses will have to be intermediate bred.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Love love love!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Really love this for those who could benefit. I wish I still qualified! This would have been a HUGE help.
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Entry Clerk wrote: 2 months ago But I must also point out that from next season the races at Transitional Park will be restricted to horses owned and most importantly bred by intermediate players because players are at the intermediate status for a very long time of 160 weeks but Gwen Morse's idea is that Intermediate Park can be a place where newer breeders have the option to race their horses in calmer waters as they find their feat, if they so wish.
It will take the time in the next break to implement this because obviously new coding will be needed.
Correction, the time that a player is in Intermediate Status is only 60 weeks. I joined the Sim on 7/22/22 and my status screen shows that my Intermediate Status ends on 6/23/24, which is a total of 100 weeks. I spent 20 weeks as a New Player and another 20 weeks as a Junior Player.

I am happy that this is being implemented. Although, I am now one of the more successful Immediate Breeders, I know how difficult it was at the beginning to breed good progeny from my Trial Park mares. It took 4 seasons of Breeding before I got my first successful crop. Below are my breeding stats for my first 3 years

Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

Sorry about the huge mistake I made regarding the duration of a intermediate player.
W C Lee has rightly corrected me. A player is an intermediate from week 40 to week 100 of play time, these are real calendar weeks not Sim weeks.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I have just started racing more especially breeding more AW horses so a extra track should be very beneficial in coming weeks and years and sounds like the intermediate track will be very much so too

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

This is fabulous news. Players need survival time while they wait for the random slide gods to give them a career making horse. I do think we will lose fewer players with these additions.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

As someone with a lot of AW horses I regularly struggle to find a race for that is the perfect fit, more options are much appreciated. Hopefully we can get some more stakes races too and see less of the same names squaring off every two or three weeks.

Also hopeful that the intermediate track will help more players stay in the game past that hard stage when you lose access to newbie racing. The idea of making it for bred horses only also should help support the long term building up of a stable instead of just acquiring castoffs for a quick profit.

Thank you Sim team.
Evelyne Cergerac
Two Year Old

Post by Evelyne Cergerac »

Will the Transitional Park also have AW races or just Dirt and Turf as it is atm? Anyway, absolutely thrilled with the coming AW overhaul!
Emkay Stables
Two Year Old

Post by Emkay Stables »

Looking forward to utilizing Transitional Park for my sim sea legs. Much appreciated!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Intermediate players can send up to 3 mares to any of my stallions for free in years 66 and 67. I just have Dream Police now, but will be retiring two multi-surface / multi-distance types late this year https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1517762 and https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1557285. Maybe others will jump in with offers on fancier stock, but for now this is on the table.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Very very very good news!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500