This Workout Request...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: This Workout Request...

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 2 months ago Um, I agree with the ability to set workouts BUT....I also always kinda thought it was this way on purpose. It makes us log in regularly and makes it more work to breed a bunch, which in theory should help curtail people from just dumping the lower-galloping horses from sheer volume.
I don't think workouts impact the ease of breeding a bunch and then dumping the low gallopers. If anything I'd actually argue the opposite if it was easier to work and fully train up all your horses to race readiness maybe people would race more of what they bred rather than just dumping them after the first gallop. Though truthfully I'm guessing it wouldn't have much impact either way.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

This isn't a matter of setting workouts in advance. I know I have made this request multiple times. I wanted to see my own works ranked by fastest for the season the same as we have for total works (for everyone) that can be filtered by age/fastest individual work or by Horse. I have always thought it wouldn't be such as a big deal in coding. Today we can see the whole Sims top works, even the best of all time or by seasons years ago. Why not by owner?
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Everyone's already said it but an additional filter on the workout times page for horses owned and/or bred by me would be amazing.

While we're at it would love to see this on the horse rankings page as well.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 months ago
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 2 months ago Um, I agree with the ability to set workouts BUT....I also always kinda thought it was this way on purpose. It makes us log in regularly and makes it more work to breed a bunch, which in theory should help curtail people from just dumping the lower-galloping horses from sheer volume.
I don't think workouts impact the ease of breeding a bunch and then dumping the low gallopers. If anything I'd actually argue the opposite if it was easier to work and fully train up all your horses to race readiness maybe people would race more of what they bred rather than just dumping them after the first gallop. Though truthfully I'm guessing it wouldn't have much impact either way.
For me, it's getting to the point of pain management. My back pain has increased in the last ten years and sitting in my computer chair...that time has dropped off in the past few years. I use to be able to do so for about 2 hours, now I'm down to about 1 1/2 hours and I need to get out of it for at least 20 minutes breaks or even up to an hour.

I kind of think being able to preset your horse's workout distance and surface would probably save me at least a 1/2 hour of button clicking, as my back is telling me to hurry up and get out of the chair. :P

Plus, I hate it when I realize I just worked a horse or a set of horses at 2 furlongs dirt, rather than 5 furlongs turf, because I was distracted by the pain. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Ma Springs wrote: 2 months ago Yes, Top Workout Times - checkbox "Owned by me" 👌
Can we also get "owned by me/bred by me/both" filter on Horse rankings page too?
Please!
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Being able to set a preferred surface and workout distance for each horse and schedule workouts without all that clicking would be a godsend.... the way it is now makes me not want to work horses, or only work the best ones because it's so time-consuming, and if you only have limited time, you don't want to spend it on anything but the best horses.

A workout times/owned by me would be nice, but I'd much rather be able to set surface/distance at least by type of horse. Then it would be relatively simple to just work those horses on the same day to see times on horses I own.
Emkay Stables
Two Year Old

Post by Emkay Stables »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 months ago This to me isn't an issue. Rather than focusing time on it... I would MUCH rather be able to set each horse's workouts for their Distance and Surface.... so much less button pushing.

I would love to click on my yearlings, and once in the training page, already have like - Turf, 5 furlongs set.
Then all I would have to do is check mark which equipment piece(s) am going to use this time in trying to figure what they need.

It would also help eliminate, the accidental selection of dirt, or wrong distance.

Stormy
Would appreciate this ^^ for sure. Currently it's a bit tedious to figure out equipment for a lot of yearlings across a bunch of divisions if you want them to work with their desired surface/distance.

Last year I had all my yearlings work the same distance/surface regardless, during the "equipment discovery" phase. And this year I'm working specific to each type -- and have some regrets :roll:.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Custom barns can make this a bit easier. I just started last season with all my yearlings in custom barns based on their type. So, I set the workouts 2 weeks in advance and the whole "DS Yearling Barn" works 3f on dirt with the same piece of equipment and so on through the types.
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

I agree with Kelly on Custom Barns.

If you don't have Custom Barns, you can also go to the Training Barn and filter on the different horse types. Then go through each horse type and select the proper surface and distance

I put myself through an approximate 10 day cycle and schedule for 15 days. That way I know what was the last piece of equipment that I schedule (it shows up when I select one of the yearlings as the next training).

You can go on a 14 day schedule, but if you miss a day, you lose the last training day that is still schedule and have to scroll down to workouts to see the last piece of equipment that was done.

I would prefer that we had more than 15 days to schedule workouts for. Would make it easier to plan
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 2 months ago Custom barns can make this a bit easier. I just started last season with all my yearlings in custom barns based on their type. So, I set the workouts 2 weeks in advance and the whole "DS Yearling Barn" works 3f on dirt with the same piece of equipment and so on through the types.
Can't afford custom barns. :P A lot of players can't.

I get that adding some filters to the top works would be nice...but it just solves some curiosity issues.
I apologize too, for hijacking this thread....But....

I still think the focus for improving the Sim should be on things that actually will make game play Easier/more time efficient for most of us...assuming most of us work our yearlings every week to try to figure out equipment.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

What I do is I just work them all the same distance/surface since (I think?) they will still work the fastest with the correct equipment even if it's not the distance/surface they'd be best at. Any horses I'm really excited about I take the bit of extra time to schedule them separately (which is annoying, but it's an annoyance I'm choosing) if I want to get an idea of the kind of times they put out. I do wish I could schedule all the workouts instead of only a couple weeks at a time so I don't have to continually remember to go in every week and set the next week up (or every two weeks set the next two weeks up) but it's just easiest for me to work them all 2f on dirt every week in terms of finding out the equipment itself.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I didn’t read all the responses so sorry if this is repetitive but all I want is when you go to workout times, you add an extra filter option of trainer. So I could not just look at my top 50 times of just yearlings but other peoples as well or all time for horses by a given trainer
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 months ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 2 months ago
For me, it's getting to the point of pain management. My back pain has increased in the last ten years and sitting in my computer chair...that time has dropped off in the past few years. I use to be able to do so for about 2 hours, now I'm down to about 1 1/2 hours and I need to get out of it for at least 20 minutes breaks or even up to an hour.

I kind of think being able to preset your horse's workout distance and surface would probably save me at least a 1/2 hour of button clicking, as my back is telling me to hurry up and get out of the chair. :P

Plus, I hate it when I realize I just worked a horse or a set of horses at 2 furlongs dirt, rather than 5 furlongs turf, because I was distracted by the pain. :P

Stormy
This. Times a billion.

It’s 2024, the age of the internet, click reduction is a basic expectation of end users and reducing clicks to creat a more seamless user experience should be one of the main goals of just about any site creator.

I have no idea how many clicks per horse it takes to get a 2yo from unfit, through finding equipment, workouts, and Zeus knows what else to get the dang thing ready to race, but it’s a lot. Users ought to be able to get that all set up with maybe 5 clicks or so, max.

https://www.websitemagazine.com/ecommer ... rce-mantra