This Workout Request...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

This Workout Request...

Post by The Steward »

4 or 5 people have chimed in asking for a workout thing that we don't understand: the ability to rank your yearlings against each other with workout times (presumably spanning the whole season).

Okay, I'm still following. But what would this look like? If you work all your horses on the same day, it's easy to sort them and see who was fastest. If a horse works multiple times, I assume the fastest one would regularly be fastest, so even if we gave you a page with filters for distance/surface/breed for the current year, and a top 10 of each of those, I assume that one or two horses would be on the list several times, and thus you have not really learned much other than Fast Horse is Still Fast. And if we gave EVERY workout for EVERY yearling in a sortable table, and you are one of those people with a thousand yearlings, well then you've broken the database.

So what does this actually look like in your vision?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: This Workout Request...

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 2 months ago 4 or 5 people have chimed in asking for a workout thing that we don't understand: the ability to rank your yearlings against each other with workout times (presumably spanning the whole season).

Okay, I'm still following. But what would this look like? If you work all your horses on the same day, it's easy to sort them and see who was fastest. If a horse works multiple times, I assume the fastest one would regularly be fastest, so even if we gave you a page with filters for distance/surface/breed for the current year, and a top 10 of each of those, I assume that one or two horses would be on the list several times, and thus you have not really learned much other than Fast Horse is Still Fast. And if we gave EVERY workout for EVERY yearling in a sortable table, and you are one of those people with a thousand yearlings, well then you've broken the database.

lol I didn’t ask for this feature, but I feel like the breaking database finger is pointed in my direction 😂😂😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I just want to be able to schedule my yearlings' works all at once instead of just a couple weeks out :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Not sure I understand this request either: isn't that what you can already get on the "Workout Times?" Admittedly not all inclusive but if you sort by top horses and gender and age and you get the top 50. I mean maybe you could add sorting by owner to that already existing table????
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

lol I’m one of those people too :) I’m a addicted horse breeder and mare hoarder

Sorting by owner on the database might be helpful to the top 50?

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Agree, I'd be very happy if we could have the current 'top 50 workouts' updated to be able to select an owner (i.e. yourself).
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 2 months ago Not sure I understand this request either: isn't that what you can already get on the "Workout Times?" Admittedly not all inclusive but if you sort by top horses and gender and age and you get the top 50. I mean maybe you could add sorting by owner to that already existing table????
This! Basically the workout times page, but displaying the trainer’s top 50 for the filtered results.

So you can filter your own horses by surface/gender/distance/workouts or barrier trials/etc or any combination of them
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 2 months ago
The Steward wrote: 2 months ago 4 or 5 people have chimed in asking for a workout thing that we don't understand: the ability to rank your yearlings against each other with workout times (presumably spanning the whole season).

lol I didn’t ask for this feature, but I feel like the breaking database finger is pointed in my direction 😂😂😂
I mean, it actually wasn't in the moment but if the shoe fits
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

This to me isn't an issue. Rather than focusing time on it... I would MUCH rather be able to set each horse's workouts for their Distance and Surface.... so much less button pushing.

I would love to click on my yearlings, and once in the training page, already have like - Turf, 5 furlongs set.
Then all I would have to do is check mark which equipment piece(s) am going to use this time in trying to figure what they need.

It would also help eliminate, the accidental selection of dirt, or wrong distance.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 months ago This to me isn't an issue. Rather than focusing time on it... I would MUCH rather be able to set each horse's workouts for their Distance and Surface.... so much less button pushing.

I would love to click on my yearlings, and once in the training page, already have like - Turf, 5 furlongs set.
Then all I would have to do is check mark which equipment piece(s) am going to use this time in trying to figure what they need.

It would also help eliminate, the accidental selection of dirt, or wrong distance.

Stormy
Oh my god this. I can't tell you how many times I've scheduled workouts for multiple horses before realizing I forgot to change the surface/distance and my AWRs work over 2 fur Dirt. :shock:
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Yes, Top Workout Times - checkbox "Owned by me" 👌
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Yep, just having the option in the current top 50 Workout Times to see my own horses. I'm interested in being able to look through the years and see how my crops have compared to each other, if I can notice trends in breeding, etc. Might have to be something like "Bred by: All" "Bred by: Me" added to the current drop-downs.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Stormy Peak wrote: 2 months ago This to me isn't an issue. Rather than focusing time on it... I would MUCH rather be able to set each horse's workouts for their Distance and Surface.... so much less button pushing.

Stormy
Yea this I would love. Either you could set a default for each horse, or even just a default by horse type
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Stormy
Yes! This I would love!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Um, I agree with the ability to set workouts BUT....I also always kinda thought it was this way on purpose. It makes us log in regularly and makes it more work to breed a bunch, which in theory should help curtail people from just dumping the lower-galloping horses from sheer volume.