While we are improving....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Offer the option to lease SB fillies through year 4 for SIM$250k?

Poll ended at 2 months ago

Yes please
29%
No way
38%
Don't care
33%

Total votes: 21

Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

While we are improving....

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I will put in another pitch for an option to extend SB filly leases through their 4yo season for a fee, say maybe $250k SIM. This would give the long-distance routers more starts at their preferred distance and increase their earnings while still getting the Steward a broodmare at age 5, a year younger than most of the AJ bred RL mares that get auctioned.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: While we are improving....

Post by Diane Townsend »

You can alway ask the Steward to lease for another year if you wish
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Diane Townsend wrote: 2 months ago You can alway ask the Steward to lease for another year if you wish
Thanks Diane. I could do, but then sometimes people think there are back-room thingies going on and, tbh, I am not sure if I know what a proper price would be to suggest. Sometimes prices seem a bit all over the place. That is why I thought maybe if there was a standard way it would be easier. Em would still have to be on board, and she may not want to lose another year of production.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Most of these fillies the steward breeds and leases to you are bred for the purpose of making babies the extra season and the loss of one foal is a lot more than the 250,000 she’ll get for extending one year and potentially getting another 100K and earnings
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 2 months ago Most of these fillies the steward breeds and leases to you are bred for the purpose of making babies the extra season and the loss of one foal is a lot more than the 250,000 she’ll get for extending one year and potentially getting another 100K and earnings
That was what I couldn't tell. SB kind of go for all sorts of prices, just like IRL. The ones from mares with more earnings seem to go for more, so would the difference over the lifetime of the mare plus the $250k (or whatever fee) even things out? I can't really tell as I mostly stay out of the SB game.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I voted no, only because the Steward is always willing to discuss each and every lease. With her insight, whose opinion could possibly be more valuable? In the past, I have asked for an extension on a lease. While she agreed, it ended up a waste of time and the filly was not much further ahead. However, the next time could be different.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I love to extend leases on a filly that I really think didn't get the chance to meet her potential. But if the horse is a stakes winner and has earned six figures, it's coming back to me almost every time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The Steward wrote: 2 months ago I love to extend leases on a filly that I really think didn't get the chance to meet her potential. But if the horse is a stakes winner and has earned six figures, it's coming back to me almost every time.
And suppose they earn more than a quarter million, but not only are they not stakes winners, they are still eligible for NW2 ? Not sure what to think about her, except that she sure is consistent. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1687740
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 2 months ago
The Steward wrote: 2 months ago I love to extend leases on a filly that I really think didn't get the chance to meet her potential. But if the horse is a stakes winner and has earned six figures, it's coming back to me almost every time.
And suppose they earn more than a quarter million, but not only are they not stakes winners, they are still eligible for NW2 ? Not sure what to think about her, except that she sure is consistent. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1687740
I think you've done great with her. She shows up every time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

The Steward wrote: 2 months ago

The unfortunate thing is we never get to win a Pegasus with a Stewie lease :(
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 2 months ago
The Steward wrote: 2 months ago

The unfortunate thing is we never get to win a Pegasus with a Stewie lease :(
I hadn't really thought of that, just that for the 12f+ crowd there are only a few starts. If the filly were mine, I would give her a re-boot with a BT, let her get a 2nd win, and then bring her back next year confident and fresh with more races at her distances. Or, I have her booked to Cataclyzm. Either works. I just have a bunch of TR like this, and the rest I would never consider retiring at 3 while they are still freaks and just now getting their preferred distances. The Steward breeds for her broodmare band though, so racing is really just gravy and waiting for them to be old enough for their real job, so I can see both sides.