Transitional Park scratches

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Transitional Park scratches

Post by Entry Clerk »

Sorry to all intermediate players who had their entries scratched for tonight's card at Transitional Park.

The admin made changes to the computer code but we failed to tell him that it shouldn’t go live this week, causing horses who are not owned and bred by intermediate players to be scratched.
I am in the process of compensating the affected players with loss of prize money.
This is a one time compensation package for this week that will not be repeated.
Scott Zeigler
Two Year Old

Re: Transitional Park scratches

Post by Scott Zeigler »

I'd missed the posting of the restriction, so I'm catching up now. I purchased quite few AW runners off the board. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Most importantly, I'm thrilled that the park is limited to homebred. I was quite discouraged to see I might have to run against some highly bred horses that I would have no chance competing with. The new racecards look fair and still challenging.

Thank you so much for this addition!
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Do Transitional Park entries for this season need to be both owned and bred by the same Intermediate Player?

Looking at the 9 races on tonight's card, I don't see that the Breeder and the Owner need to be the same

Or is this something that will be implemented next season? I am uncertain what was the criteria that got horses scratched
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

All of tonight's entries at Transitional Park are owned and bred by intermediate players and this is the criteria needed to run a horse there.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/races.ph ... e=0&sort=1
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Entry Clerk wrote: 2 months ago All of tonight's entries at Transitional Park are owned and bred by intermediate players and this is the criteria needed to run a horse there.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/races.ph ... e=0&sort=1
What about this race? Will the Jamie's House and Part of My Hand get scratched?

I am not advocating one way or another. Just want to get clarity on the requirements for Transitional Park.

Emkay Stables
Two Year Old

Post by Emkay Stables »

Appreciate the compensation for the scratches! In response to WC Lee, I would assume so... I think the 2/4 in this list is not eligible. I think since we were allowed to enter them during that time frame before that the code went live they are still entered, but the scratches probably won't be posted until the race closes. I guess if that's the case, if there's any way to notify these owners in advance to get their horses entered elsewhere.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I went through and scratched all the relevant horses that would have been scratched in the future, and they won't be able to be re-entered. There were about 10 horses affected.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG