Did I do the Transitional Park math correctly?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Did I do the Transitional Park math correctly?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

So I have, for a sample scenario, a brand-new player joining W1 of SIM year X . I am also assuming that Player weeks continue during break weeks.

Then:

* They can breed their first foal W6 of YR X (new player breeding hold week 1-5)
* They have their first sprinter starters in W1 of YR X+2, which is their 37th week of SIM play, so near the end of their JR season
* They have their first miler starters in W7 of YR X+2, which would be their 43rd week
* They have their first router starters in W10 of YR X+2, which would be their 46th week

If so, they would only be able to race homebred routers for 13 weeks, or about 4-6 starts. Should I take this to mean that Transitional Park will be weighted towards sprinters and milers?

Maybe a younger brain can double-check me? Already edited the post because I caught one mistake. Maybe people will catch another.
Wc Lee
Miler

Re: Did I do the Transitional Park math correctly?

Post by Wc Lee »

I can give you a real-life test case.

I am currently in my 82nd week in the SIM, so I have another 18 weeks to go as a Intermediate Player.

My oldest homebred are currently 4 years old. They will be 5 years old next season, when I am still an Intermediate Player.

So, I think you can run a full set of races at Transitional Park.

But with 9 races per week, I would assume it would be 3 of each type: Sprinters, Milers and Routers. Probably more heavily weighted toward 2 year olds (for Sprinters) and 3 year olds for Milers and Routers.

My 4 year old horses (bred when I was a New Player) is quite small (around 10 horses), so i don't think it would be worthwhile to have 4 year old races, maybe 3 year olds and up.

I would assume that the races would be mostly Maiden Special Weight, with an occasional Allowance or NW2. The end of season would be the Stakes races.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Aaah I had 60 weeks total, it is 100 weeks total? 20/20/60?
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Yes, you get to be an Intermediate Player until your 100th week on the SIM