Racing Luck - Or can it be fixed?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Racing Luck - Or can it be fixed?

Post by John Smith »

37 races tonight - 10 bad brakes could include "inwards/outwards/stumbled, etc.." 27% maybe this is standard, starting can be rough IRL

Had 3 stakes races tonight - 2 of those three were bad breaks - "stumbled start then steadied," was a heartbreaker for a g2 event finished 3rd - but only 5 horses and two were there for check cashing!. Broke outward in the other g2 event (finished 2nd) but not sure I was going to beat that horse anyway. 67% BRUTAL...

Yes they have all been trained in the gate

Is this "racing luck?" or should I be looking for new jockeys? Or doing something else? I have top rated jockeys by the comments at least.

I'm assuming this is "luck," so stay away while our barn is in retrograde...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Racing Luck - Or can it be fixed?

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

im in the same boat if it makes you feel any better i think those comments are to serious when you see them stumble or fall to their knees that is the impactful comment.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The randomizer can be a big ol jerk sometimes. I remember one year almost every single one of my stakes entries pulled pp1 or 2 😅 just luck of the draw.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Yes, the quality of your horse's break is luck-based. There's not much you can do about it except scream into a pillow and hope the SIM gods smile upon you next time 😂
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Painful - maybe this randomizer could be "tweaked?' I mean in a 5 horse race you would expect less troubled starts than say a 7 or 10 or 12 horse field...But the fact it was my 2 best stakes horse attempts of the 3 while the one I knew probably wouldn't win, and didn't, but "broke well" all at a rate well above tonight's average in comparison to the other races makes it hard to digest. Field sizes for these stakes races were 5, 6 and 6. Brutal.

curse of having a decent horse or two , I guess... never used to matter when my lousy runners ran lousy or got bad luck - they were going to be in the back anyway!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)