It’s a sad day when…

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

It’s a sad day when…

Post by Nick Gilmore »

This pretty girl leaves the game….my condolences, the Steward’s broodmare band is minus one glorious star!
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Re: It’s a sad day when…

Post by Entry Clerk »

R.I.P special girl but you sure left a dynasty and legacy!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Sired Avengers Assemble 14mil+ Very nice!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 month ago Sired Avengers Assemble 14mil+ Very nice!!
Dam/mother of Avengers Assemble. (Sire=dad)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

My mistake
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 month ago My mistake
:D That’s quite all right!
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

And speaking of Avengers Assemble: he does not hypo as well as Impacts (since I own them both I do know this) BUT his results are virtually identical on a percentage basis. Impacts of course hypos so well he gets a lot more mares, BUT.......... based on current prices Avengers Assemble is a relative bargain, IMO. Just my observations. Best to all, Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 1 month ago And speaking of Avengers Assemble: he does not hypo as well as Impacts (since I own them both I do know this) BUT his results are virtually identical on a percentage basis. Impacts of course hypos so well he gets a lot more mares, BUT.......... based on current prices Avengers Assemble is a relative bargain, IMO. Just my observations. Best to all, Lucas.
I can't lie, I feel that's more Impacts getting priced down too far and getting lots of bad mares at his too cheap of a price, and AA being fairly priced for what he is.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Carol, I understand that as well, BUT, I don't think I (we....???) should always price our stallions up to the highest possible price. Plenty of newer players get a chance at 50K. I had Lalor and kept him firm at 50K for the duration of his career, even though he could have been notched up. Not saying some stallions aren't worth more, but I have sort of always felt you should stand stallions so people that breed to them have a real good chance of the offspring making more back than that stallion fee. I have enough money to buy anything in the game I want. I also realize that others players have a different philosophy and that is their prerogative.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 1 month ago Carol, I understand that as well, BUT, I don't think I (we....???) should always price our stallions up to the highest possible price. Plenty of newer players get a chance at 50K. I had Lalor and kept him firm at 50K for the duration of his career, even though he could have been notched up. Not saying some stallions aren't worth more, but I have sort of always felt you should stand stallions so people that breed to them have a real good chance of the offspring making more back than that stallion fee. I have enough money to buy anything in the game I want. I also realize that others players have a different philosophy and that is their prerogative.
I love the way you play the game Lucas you are as fair as they come and wish others would follow in your footsteps...
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 1 month ago
Lucas Davenport wrote: 1 month ago Carol, I understand that as well, BUT, I don't think I (we....???) should always price our stallions up to the highest possible price. Plenty of newer players get a chance at 50K. I had Lalor and kept him firm at 50K for the duration of his career, even though he could have been notched up. Not saying some stallions aren't worth more, but I have sort of always felt you should stand stallions so people that breed to them have a real good chance of the offspring making more back than that stallion fee. I have enough money to buy anything in the game I want. I also realize that others players have a different philosophy and that is their prerogative.
I love the way you play the game Lucas you are as fair as they come and wish others would follow in your footsteps...
I completely agree. Very admirable.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 1 month ago Not saying some stallions aren't worth more, but I have sort of always felt you should stand stallions so people that breed to them have a real good chance of the offspring making more back than that stallion fee.
On this note, one of the Simperior benefits that I use the most is looking at the average/median earnings on a stallion's page. If for example a stallion has been at stud for a while and their median earnings are half the stud fee (no stallion in particular is being referenced here, I'm making up numbers) I'm probably going to go with someone else. I'll also look at the disparity between the average and median, since one horse can inflate the average (a real world example would be when Unbridled's Song was leading sire by earnings in 2017 and almost all of that was Arrogate).
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

And it's totally cool to play that way, and it's admirable to keep a high value stallion cheap. The point I'm trying to make is that Impacts' stats would be a lot more impressive (although they already are) if he was priced higher, hence why I think AA looks comparable to him.

Both are cool studs though and deserve lots of action for sure.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I agree with this, and wish I could afford to play that way. But…I was breeding the other day and almost accidentally emptied my bank account without even realizing 🙃 unfortunately I don’t have a racing string to maintain my breeding program. (I know I’ve have a couple nice runners, but nothing building me a nest egg or anything) So I keep my nicer boys a bit higher to maintain their percents, and price my average and okay boys on what I feel is the lower side.

That being said, I have always considered and replied to offers/deals on my stallions their slots/stud fees. ❤️

Edit: As a footnote, Still Into You hypos the exact same as his sire at less than half the fee. He hasn’t seen the same caliber of mares as Beau, of SIY’s allowance foals that I own all are progressive or late bloomer, and his Stewardbred yearling is still ungalloped 😉
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 1 month ago And speaking of Avengers Assemble: he does not hypo as well as Impacts (since I own them both I do know this) BUT his results are virtually identical on a percentage basis. Impacts of course hypos so well he gets a lot more mares, BUT.......... based on current prices Avengers Assemble is a relative bargain, IMO. Just my observations. Best to all, Lucas.
My first thought when the mare passed was that the SIM lost a great one. My second thought was "oh no, Lucas will be bidding on the offspring of other mares now". Just kidding. I love Avengers Assemble and I am glad he is in good hands.