The Long Wait...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

The Long Wait...

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Well then, I went out to the paddock to have a look around for a particular sired mare, just to find out I didn't have one. Not a big deal since it was not a division that is part of my regrouping. What I did find however was this!

The Long Wait

Now, I always considered Yasiel's pedigree as a pretty good source of stamina. Vernacular as the damsire certainly doesn't hurt at all either and being one that is always looking to breed something to win the Melbourne Trophy. So that covers the "why" of her presence. A little perplexed at the failure to breed her since purchase considering her age.

Now for the issue at hand.
A) At her age, she is clearly going to be a one and done.
B) "doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner!"
C) Hypo's are meh, but really not horrid for her perceived broodmare rating:
Artilleryman B- C
Coltrane B C
Hozier Daddy B- C
Impacts B C
D) The older pedigree. It seems to be that the older breeding stock may by default be of a "lesser" standard due to obvious stock improvements over the years and at 22 years, she is certainly a few steps behind the current levels.

On the plus side, she is sound and brave, although that latter is apparently random, not genetic. So my goal here is to find some stud options that is going to get me some longevity (Not adverse to racing horses into their 6 or 7th year) and something that will get 1 1/2 to 2 miles.

Studs for me to consider for this one and done? Keep in mind, price is not a concern, GP or Sim dollars. The objective is to work a miracle.

Long winded post to get stud options :roll:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: The Long Wait...

Post by Cleo Patra »

Destination Anywhere would be my top pick. Seems to be the only family that consistently works with Yasiel.

Or go totally off the wall and go Auguste Rodin or King of Steel or Equinox
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I would vote Auguste Rodin, for two reasons:

1. he's been extremely good to me, personally, so I'm biased
2. if you use game points, as long as the foal doesn't gallop abysmally you could make some money in the two year old game point sired stakes

(Also I hypo'd them for you and it's a B)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Bad hypos - I'd enjoy here in the barn for the apparent good karma versus breeding. But what do I know, look at my trophy room - nothing.

All that being said, in true American style, I have an opinion about something I know little about ;)

But how can one go wrong with the Shahir'ra influence?

La Joya - get a 4 x 3 Shahir'ra and hasn't proved he doesnt like Yasiel at least (my biased pick 1st)

then list of the multitude of other Shahir'ra male blood:
Forever Knight but too much crosses in my opine.
Moonlight Sonata
Wildness
Megapixels

You get my angle here - if nothing else make it a filly and you have some heavier Shahir'ra blood flowing at least...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

I have recently loaded up a lot with the Shahir'ra blood in my newer stock. At least when I am not trying to get ahead on the RL pedigrees. In some cases I have at least 5 or more crosses back to her... Obviously looking back further than the recommended three generations.
Bad hypo's we are not getting past, however, I am also not convinced that those letters actually have as high an impact on the outcome as would be assumed with a pay to find out feature. I sort of compare it to the impact a jockey has a race overall.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 1 month ago Bad hypo's we are not getting past, however, I am also not convinced that those letters actually have as high an impact on the outcome as would be assumed with a pay to find out feature.
My best horse is the result of a B+ hypo. I know that's still a tick better than what this mare is getting, but I know some players hesitate to breed anything that isn't A+, A, or A- and if I stuck to that I wouldn't have that horse. I also currently have a stakes LB three year old off a solid B.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So, interesting turn of events, was looking through a variety of horses and spotted Sentiment.

My first thought being, that it looks like a whole bunch of stamina. Do I want to try and buy this horse? That naturally followed up with the thought that something looked familiar. Dug back into the memory bank and voila! This is not a new topic, so hypo'ing at a glorious B- we now have this:

66 The Long Wait

Random as is the more common habit these days, so not a colt. But a slim chance of breeding options at a later time. :lol: