I can not even with this one

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

I can not even with this one

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1687740

I cannot believe she finished second again. The horse that beat her? It averaged a speed fig of less than 75 for its last 5 starts, shipped all over the world, hasn't won since W14 of last season, although it did get a nice 3rd in a G1 this year.

Mine has to be the most camera shy filly in the SIM. Once she learned a win meant a photo, she is having no part of that!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: I can not even with this one

Post by Carole Hanson »

To be fair, the filly that beat her is no slouch at all. A former G1 winner and a freak galloper if I remember correctly. She probably wanted confidence, same as your filly. And since Emerald City is the older more experienced mare, she got that win.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I know it sucks but I wouldn’t be discouraged your horse is really nice and will probably have a great 4 year old year
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Run her in a NW2 and she laps the field
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Those two seconds at 88K each are pure gold; agree w Joe on the NW2 next, and then the second race after that put her into a 50K stakes so she gets her stakes win. She has all her conditions left............be happy! Best, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 1 month ago I know it sucks but I wouldn’t be discouraged your horse is really nice and will probably have a great 4 year old year
She’s a lease, so one more start and she’s a mommy. I was trying to help her confidence for that last race and it went the other way. That, and when I last checked the field there were still a couple hours to enter and it wound up tougher once it closed. Kind of saw this coming.

No matter, this one is awesome at earning but just hates the win. Maybe if the Steward gets her a headshot there will be some warts or crooked teeth or something to explain her camera shyness.

Ps- don’t be so sure she would win a NW2, we had to resort to state bred to get the maiden win.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

$272k and not a Stakes winner. Girl, what are you doing?! (That was aimed at the filly, not you)
I know it’s not glamorous, but Joseph is right… If you want her to go out with a bang (assuming this one is going back to Emily to retire in three weeks?) you could put her in a NW2 and watch the fireworks.

Otherwise, see if there’s any well fitting age-restricted female listed stakes races happening week 15 or 16. Based on her breeding, I would not be running her in anything shorter than 10 furlongs. I’m actually curious to see how she would do over that two mile distance.

At any rate, she does consistently show up for you, even if she isn’t getting win photos ❤️
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 1 month ago $272k and not a Stakes winner. Girl, what are you doing?! (That was aimed at the filly, not you)
I know it’s not glamorous, but Joseph is right… If you want her to go out with a bang (assuming this one is going back to Emily to retire in three weeks?) you could put her in a NW2 and watch the fireworks.

Otherwise, see if there’s any well fitting age-restricted female listed stakes races happening week 15 or 16. Based on her breeding, I would not be running her in anything shorter than 10 furlongs. I’m actually curious to see how she would do over that two mile distance.

At any rate, she does consistently show up for you, even if she isn’t getting win photos ❤️
One more stakes for the minors and she and Cataclyzm are going to get better acquainted. I tried pathetically to talk Em into extending the lease for $250k but she wants this one in the band…..which def takes the sting out since the first baby is mine.
Willie Carson
Miler

Post by Willie Carson »

two socks is full of stamina. I appreciate you dropped her in grade but it wasnt her optimum trip. Surely she needs at least 12F
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I had a similar horse https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1597400

They are infuriating, but hopefully you'll get a really nice foal to catch up on everything mama was too chicken to achieve.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Willie Carson wrote: 1 month ago two socks is full of stamina. I appreciate you dropped her in grade but it wasnt her optimum trip. Surely she needs at least 12F
Wasn’t available
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

If she’s a lease a nw2 does nothing for you so I would shoot for the stars look for a grade 1 or find the biggest 3 year old filly race
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 1 month ago If she’s a lease a nw2 does nothing for you so I would shoot for the stars look for a grade 1 or find the biggest 3 year old filly race
That’s the plan. Once I went for the first graded stakes and she was competitive the due was cast. At this point even if I were racing her at 4 it might be amusing to see just how much she could rack up in earnings while remaining not only not a stakes winner, but a NW2.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I hope she pulls the ultimate prank and wins here last race
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

She’s a brat! Best of luck with that first foal!