Lease to race/breed first foal

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Lease to race/breed first foal

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I am slowly trying to trim down my racing barn, and as I go through my horses, I've found several I don't necessarily want to sell but who I don't really want to keep running next year. Rather than retiring them immediately (and thus increasing my foal crop even more with fresh mares to breed), I'm putting out an interest check on leases.

These are allowances or slower stakes gallopers. They aren't going to win championships, but they may be useful horses to practice with and pick up some checks at Trial Park. Some of them have already won races, while others are still winless and could make easy money in maiden races. Race the fillies this year and next, put a win on them, and I'll lease them back to you so can breed first foal at the end of next season. The colts/geldings obviously can't be bred but they can make you some money racing (not selling them outright because I'd like to recycle the names on better horses in the future).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1of8 ... nOH0o/edit

Comment which ones you would like to lease. In the interest of fairness, stick to max 2-3, wait a couple days so others get a chance to look, and then comment again if you want more. Offer is open to everyone, not just new players, but keep in mind that they may not be so profitable outside Trial Park/Junior High. I have only listed allowance/low stakes for now, but if there is interest and you see that there is room for them in TP races to make some money, I have some nicely bred productive fillies that can be leased for the same deal.

(If you are very new and don't have a good understanding of how to choose races, manage fitness/tiredness, and prevent injury, please read up on those or reach out for a guide on how to run the horse when leasing - we don't want you saddled with vet bills! If a leased horse isn't earning money for you, just cancel the lease so you don't have to spend pointless boarding fees on something that isn't earning its keep.)

I will be adding more horses in preseason as I go through the younger crops. IF there is interest, I may be able to offer all weather or mixer horses to lease as well, but keep in mind that they have to race against open company rather than newbie racetracks, and so might be more of a challenge to manage.

ETA- I also have a bunch of cheap 2-3 year olds on the sales page, mostly mixers with some TB, they aren't necessarily good but they may be able to pick up checks in light races.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Matt Walker
Two Year Old

Re: Lease to race/breed first foal

Post by Matt Walker »

Hi, Thanks for the offer. Could I please lease At Road's End, Dreamwild and Jeanne D'Arc. Thankyou
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Sent, good luck!
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Darat Ayam
Two Year Old

Post by Darat Ayam »

Hello,
can I have Crazy Stupid Love, All That Glitters and Bandito, please? Thank you!
Rickie Brandt
Two Year Old

Post by Rickie Brandt »

Any shot I can try Maxed Out Things? Thank you
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Sent to Darat and Rickie (I accidentally sent some over for just y66 initially, think I corrected them all to y67 but if I missed one let me know)
Florence Grey
Two Year Old

Post by Florence Grey »

Can I lease Starsong and Easy Does It?
Cori Greystone
Two Year Old

Post by Cori Greystone »

Can I lease Blacksmoke, Mana and At Roads End? Thank you! :)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Cori Greystone wrote: 1 month ago Can I lease Blacksmoke, Mana and At Roads End? Thank you! :)
At Road's End was already leased but I forgot to mark her as such, sorry. Sent the other two over!
Rickie Brandt
Two Year Old

Post by Rickie Brandt »

Can I lease Gotta Have Goals?
Anthem Theodosia
Two Year Old

Post by Anthem Theodosia »

Can I lease sure is sore and path less traveled? Thanks!
ANTHEM ACRES
Up N’ Coming breeding barn that specializes in the production of promising horses in all track conds.
Y66 Crop
UP N COMING HORSES
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Sent and sent :)
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

Hello Shannon, if the offer is still up, I have interest to lease: Something Regal, Starbound and Noir. Thanks in advance!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Sorry Jose, didn't see your post - sent them over now.

I'm still slowly going through the barn after break, but have listed a few more fillies for lease in the doc.

I also have a few horses listed for sale; if you're a new player interested in an active racer in my sales, DM me for a discount.