The ebbs and flows

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

The ebbs and flows

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So my paint barn seems to be in a major slump. Below are the number of stakes winners I bred at each year and as you can say between my 7 and 6 year olds there was a major drop. And one can't help but wonder what happened? Its not like all my broodmares were lost at once, and shouldn't some of all those stakes winners been good broodmares themselves.

2 = 1
3 = 1
4 = 2
5 = 2
6 = 3
7 = 9
8 = 6
9 = 6
10 = 8

Meanwhile after going through a smaller dry spell my thoroughbred seem to be in a bit of a renaissance where my 2yo crop already has 2x more stakes winner than any homebred crop out to the 10 year olds. Those stakes winner numbers are below:

2 = 4
3 = 2
4 = 0
5 = 0
6 = 1
7 = 2
8 = 2
9 = 2
10 = 1

So for my 2yos 33.3% of my thoroughbreds are stakes winners and 2.6% of my paints. In comparison with my 10 year olds 6.7% of my thoroughbreds were stakes winners and 17% of my paints. Just find it interesting how things can change so quickly seemingly out of nowhere.
Last edited by Tammy Stawicki 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Re: The ebbs and flows

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

My Quarter Horses carried my barn for a couple of years, and now this year they've fallen off a cliff. I'm debating dumping them entirely. My TBs have improved, as have my Appies.