Help me pick a baby daddy? (for a horse, obviously)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Help me pick a baby daddy? (for a horse, obviously)

Post by Nicole Marie »

Halley is retiring in two weeks and I have...uh, absolutely no idea what to do about her first date, to the point where I've considered running her at seven just to avoid having to figure out what her pedigree wants to mesh with. That played a pretty big part of why I decided to run her at six instead of retiring her alongside Eloquent Sound. (Although I have made a firm decision on this front and she is retiring.)

Em wanted to buy her, so that tells me that something out there has potential...
The Steward wrote: 4 months ago I tried to buy this horse but got shot down. Womp womp.
...but when giving her pedigree after her SC win last year, Em said "by Blast Onepiece of all random horses in the SIM."

There's the versatility thread going on right now about how real life lines can be fun and Halley's by a real life sire, but I don't know how much that helps me. Halley is his top earner and only millionaire; every one of his six figure earners were something other than AWS (they're all AWM, AWR, TM, and TR) so I don't know if Halley was an anomaly or if maybe his best strength was always going to be AWS and he just mostly got mares from other divisions.

Halley's dam is a formid, and the only gallop level she hasn't thrown is different career. Halley's a 'longer career' freak but I've had stakes longer careers be blue hens so I feel she could be anywhere from formid to hen herself.

She will probably go to Lloyd's Keeping It at some point, but I feel like that's the easy option and I don't really feel her going to him first. There are only about 60 sires in AWS and over 200 in other divisions, which is why I'm wanting to avoid LKI at first since I worry that the division is going to bottleneck.

So I guess, to anyone out there who wants to throw a name out, if she was yours what would you consider doing/what would your line of thinking be? Obviously I'll be hypo-ing her once she retires, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has either ideas for stallions or tips on how to narrow it down. She has won from 5 to 7 1/2 furlongs, but I honestly don't even know how much sprinters care about distance differences/if they do as much as routers do.

I do have a stallion I am slightly leaning towards (which could change if she doesn't hypo well to him) but I'm just curious what others might think (and curious if anyone will say the stallion I'm leaning toward right now).

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to share their thoughts! (EDIT: I've had a couple people send me PMs and that's also perfectly fine if you don't want to respond here! I appreciate all thoughts.)
Last edited by Nicole Marie 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Help me pick a baby daddy? (for a horse, obviously)

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Breed the best to the best Lloyd looks forward to see her :) GL in whoever you choose.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 1 month ago Breed the best to the best Lloyd looks forward to see her :) GL in whoever you choose.
He will see her eventually ;) She's just gonna make him wait a bit. :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

I would say consider Illegalist. He will pension in 2 seasons, so, very limited window to breed to him.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dense fog
;p
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

If she ends up being versatile as a broodmare, there's always Marowak ;)
I have a stable full of cats
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Emaraaty Ana looks like he's setting up to be pretty nice. According to the Stud Book he's multi-talented, but AWS is one of his listed divisions.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1705057
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Evelyne Cergerac
Two Year Old

Post by Evelyne Cergerac »

Throwing in a suggestion for versatile stallion Elite Power. Halley does seem to be an anomaly and other AW stakes winners by Blast Onepiece are, like you said, either milers or routers which Elite Power covers too.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Thank you everyone!
Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 month ago If she ends up being versatile as a broodmare, there's always Marowak ;)
I love Marowak so I'd love it if she was!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 month ago If she ends up being versatile as a broodmare, there's always Marowak ;)
So she's actually an A- to Marowak! :lol:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

And after MUCH deliberation, including two sim years, this thread, PMs with people, and screaming into the Autumn Blackmill void (thanks girl lol) here is her foal! Like her mama, 'very sound' and 'brave.'
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

And this baby is stakes late bloomer! Now the pressure all over again for this year, lol