Humor: horse's name & being distracted

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Humor: horse's name & being distracted

Post by Stormy Peak »

I named a horse, Everybody.

Several times in the past weeks, I've been training, or entering races...and after 5 or 6 horses, I'll come across this horse...start to automictically train or enter, then look up and see...

Gallop;
"I can give "Everybody' a timed workout or work

Entering:
Races for Everybody.

My brain smokes a bit as for a second or two, I try to figure out how I managed to do that to all my horses...lol
...and in forgetting the name of the horse.

:P

Some day in some distant future, I know I'm going to have heart failure when I get a notice that Everybody died. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Humor: horse's name & being distracted

Post by Nicole Marie »

My granddad had a dog named Dammit just so he could be like "sit down, Dammit! Go away, Dammit!"
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

These made me laugh entirely too loud :D
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Similar experience whilst living in Japan - coworker's wife's name was Mina... when he calls her name its normally Mina-san...so we were separated in a market one day and as he called out "Mina-San!" everyone turned and looked (it means everyone in Japan like you are about to make an announcement.)

Other fun times is botched languages, when I first was learning to speak to people in Japan, I wanted to know what time it was - So i figured I'd be clever and ask the cashier. IN Japan like some other places, you ask what hour is it - "Nan Ji Desuka?" well...I thought it was ok to say "Ji Desuka?" because I figured the "nan," to be inferred, like what perhaps. Well, luckily I was pointing to my wrist in the universal sign of "what time is it?" Because what I was said was "Ji Desuka?" and was really asking is if she had hemorrhoids!

She giggled, but told me the time - so....success!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

John Smith wrote: 1 month ago Similar experience whilst living in Japan - coworker's wife's name was Mina... when he calls her name its normally Mina-san...so we were separated in a market one day and as he called out "Mina-San!" everyone turned and looked (it means everyone in Japan like you are about to make an announcement.)

Other fun times is botched languages, when I first was learning to speak to people in Japan, I wanted to know what time it was - So i figured I'd be clever and ask the cashier. IN Japan like some other places, you ask what hour is it - "Nan Ji Desuka?" well...I thought it was ok to say "Ji Desuka?" because I figured the "nan," to be inferred, like what perhaps. Well, luckily I was pointing to my wrist in the universal sign of "what time is it?" Because what I was said was "Ji Desuka?" and was really asking is if she had hemorrhoids!

She giggled, but told me the time - so....success!
Side tracking again : )

I think most of us older folks remember the elegant actor Ricardo Montalban, famous for his car commercials, as the charactor of Khan, in Star Trek movie, The Wrath of Khan, and even the younger ones here might recall him if they saw reruns of Fantasy Island.

He was on a talk show one time and told a funny story about when he was younger, still learning English (he was from Mexico) and had a conversation with a beautiful girl at a bus stop.

He said at that point, his English was pretty good, but there were still some words that confused him, and he confused two words one day while at a bus stop.

His sinuses were still stuffy from a head cold he had the week before. There was a beautiful woman at the bus stop, and as they waited, they talked a little bit. He had a heavier accent at that point in his life, and was worried that given that and his plugged sinuses, if she understood his English ok.

So he said:
"I hope you can understand my English, given my accent. But perhaps my English sounds even worse today because I had a cold last week, and my nose is still constipated."

She broke out laughing, and told him that "Hopefully he wasn't That full of s#!t -- and that his nose was just congested".

If I recall, he said they ended up on a few dates, and he worked even harder to understand more words in English.

--------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Well, I just got something that made me laugh:

"I'm really hoping to see Jake From State Farm in the breeding shed one day!" :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nicole Marie wrote: 3 weeks ago Well, I just got something that made me laugh:

"I'm really hoping to see Jake From State Farm in the breeding shed one day!" :lol:
In his khakis, right? Hold me back lol