Hum - DR Flat A hypos (Steward Approved!)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Hum - DR Flat A hypos (Steward Approved!)

Post by J.P Dogood »

After last night I retired Hum to the breeding shed. He was a double bloomer from allowance to stakes to freak by the start of his 3 year old season.

Very frustrating runner who only liked running in the rain but HATED to get muddy. Needed to be in first or virtually just quit. Also preferred shorter distances but did win at 1 1/16, 1 1/8, and 1 1/4. Won five G2s and came in third in his final G1 race.

He’s sound, interested, and has the breeding shed comment. Getting flat A’s to the top mares as well as some random blue hens in my own barn.

By the legend DMB out of grade 1 winner Meru (Sheru). I have him standing at the very affordable price of 15000. Hope he treats your ladies nicely

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1549578
Last edited by J.P Dogood 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: Hum - DR Flat A hypos

Post by J.P Dogood »

Just to update this a bit with some more info... (apologize for not being able to figure out how to insert the jpeg....)

Horse Flat Steeplechaser
Along for the Ride A- C
Chocolat Luxe A- C
Imgetinnuthinforxmas A- C
Into The Unknown A C
Muse of Nightmares A C
No Reservations A C
Public Affair A C
Silk Road A C

Along for the Ride is only formidable with all B+ hypos except for DMB, Twelve Days of Xmas, and now Hum

Imgetinnuthinforxmas is also formid and gets A-'s with Change Your Fate, Private Affair, and now Hum

I honestly don't know how telling this all is or isn't but I'd like to reiterate that for the price, he seems to have a real chance with formidable and up
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’ve pretty much given up hypoing DR, I find my mares tend to hypo the same to every stallion except the less than stellar ones. Right now my only mare I’d considered an “honest hypoer” is A- with Hum. That being said I think $15,000 is probably a little low for him imo you’re just setting him up to get less than stellar mares

The honest hypoing mare I used is Who Runs The World, I’m going to be really sad when she dies and I can’t use her to hypo anymore lol

Horse Flat Steeplechaser
Dave Matthews Band A C
Mace A C
Valley of Fire A C
War Like Me A C

Arthur A- C
Crayon A- C
Gladiator A- C
Hum A- C
Keefer A- C
Master of Deception A- C
Nemesis A- C
Proud Corazón A- C
Set in Motion A- C
Unmerciful A- C

Blew By You B+ C
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I never thought of it like that. I guess I’m afraid of him getting NO attention that I didn’t want to overprice him. Especially since he didn’t even top 600k. Maybe 20 or 25k is more appropriate for the hypos? I’m open to any and all suggestions
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I think it’s becoming more common for there to be nice stallions who’ve earned under a million, the struggle will be getting him noticed and making sure he sees nice mates in his first season. Another struggle being DMB has a LOT of sons. I would look at his half brothers currently standing, with comparable performances and damline pedigrees then price him based off those examples ☺️

In my personal opinion, with a first season especially, seeing more quality mares is more important that quantity. One of my stallions Starboy (he’s a TM) I feel is under-utilized, even by myself, his first season I didn’t even send him any mares. His only foal was a Stewardbred and his freshman season he had 100% freak 🤣 2 seasons later and he’s still got 40% allowance or better. His pedigree is pretty out there in the TM world which makes figuring out what sirelines he wants to cross with more complicated, which reminds me I should actually drop his fee to $20k next year.

But yeah, story to say: if your horses didn’t make a splash in the racing scene and isn’t a “household name” foal gallop percents are pretty important

PS sorry if this was all unwarranted advice 😅🙃
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

No any and all advice is great. I am going to bump him to 25k for the season and keep my fingers crossed
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: Hum - DR Flat A hypos (with incentive!)

Post by J.P Dogood »

If you send Hum a Stakes producing mare I’ll refund his entire stud fee for this year
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Hum looks to be a very nice sire indeed.
I sent two of my mares to Hum.
Big Ol' Game - a filly (Christopher Robin - So Right) gave a top notch hypo mate rating. I Really love the pedigree chart look with Viola, Schuylkill and So Right mixed in there with the distance/stamina sires Sheru and Warehouse.
Breakeven - a colt (Gladiator - Love As Currency/Keyser Soze) Breakeven was a dual stakes producer with her own distance/stamina pedigree.

*Hum was a Gr. 2 winner at 1 1/16, 1 1/8, 1 3/16 and 1 1/4 miles so I'm speculating that he will bring some speed and diversity to my router mares.

It is an exciting time of year with the new stallions showing up in Year 66. jX
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

May not be steward approved (yet) BUT Jon Xett approved!! Close enough am I right?!