Hat Hat Hat

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Hat Hat Hat

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

This horse has got to be the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, on or off the SIM. I bought him on impulse as an Allowance Late Bloomer thinking that I could earn back his 2k tag and then some with a maiden win, and then maybe figure out where to go from there since I’m well out of my comfort zone with a Turf Router. I was not anticipating him to jump to Stakes Peak when I galloped him the following day, and I joked to myself “Well, here’s my Arc horse.”

To get to the Arc would be a trial in itself since he was just “Training Well” per the Trainer, and had little going for him over the last literal SIM year and a half. He had 5 gallops before entering his Maiden race, where he won much to my delight. This is where I got serious. He was my Arc horse, if only because it would amuse me to enter the Arc as a predominantly Dirt Sprint trainer. I joked to friends that if he won I would retire him just to make it all the more amusing. I don’t think any of us actually thought he would come close.

But it turns out he was my Arc horse, and this little gelding threaded his way from second last through the pack to be bested by just one other to the line in a thrilling race call. Trying to pull myself together after the call and go to work like normal was nearly impossible. I must have checked the results on my phone a dozen times throughout my workday, making sure I wasn’t imagining it all. My coworkers thought I was officially losing it. But how do you explain that you made a bunch of fake money nearly winning a fictional race (that's based on a real one) with a digital horse and not sound like you've lost your marbles?

I slept on it, and woke up this morning thinking “How the heck did a Stakes galloping gelding run 2nd in the Arc?” So I spent the GP to check with the trainer and, sure enough, he was now a Freak. Apparently he was a 2nd start improver who just happened to improve in the Arc. What are the odds?

Surely this is the highest earning horse with just 2 starts under his belt to have existed (as Rochelle and Joey suggested!). The whole thing is mind boggling. I love this little gelding, and I’m so happy I bought him from you on that day Joey! He’s only one of two turf horses, of any division, throughout my entire racing/training/breeding stables which just adds to the amusement.

Headshot is on order, and he has acquired a companion named Cat Cat Cat to participate in further shenanigans with.
Last edited by Autumn Blackmill 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Hat Hat Hat

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’m almost sorry to have ruined his chance of actually winning haha!

Also I love that he is by Valar ❤️
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I love all of this! Looking forward to his future adventures!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm gonna take 1% credit for this solely because when you told me you were going to throw him in the Arc I was egging you on :lol: :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I couldn't listen to calls because my boss chose that time to come chat me up about the latest season of "Love is Blind" :lol: but when I looked at the race results, I was shocked. Talk about a return on investment! Can't wait to follow him and see what other tricks he's got up his sleeve for you :)
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

That is so cool! Look forward to hearing how he goes in his career

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Hatx3 is the bestest boy!!! Still shocked and beyond happy for you!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I was tickled when he made his amazing run and was 2nd! I am looking forward to watching him!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Sue Wentz
Sprinter

Post by Sue Wentz »

I have to admit that I think I was more excited for your 2nd place in the Arc than I've been about any of my wins this year. What an amazing story! Congratulations to you and Hat Hat Hat!
Anthem Theodosia
Two Year Old

Post by Anthem Theodosia »

Whoever sold him is kicking themselves rn 😭
ANTHEM ACRES
Up N’ Coming breeding barn that specializes in the production of promising horses in all track conds.
Y66 Crop
UP N COMING HORSES
John D'arc
Sprinter

Post by John D'arc »

I've never rooted for a horse that isn't mine as much as I did with Hat Hat Hat on Friday :lol: Absolute boss
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Now updated with his silly headshot. Love it!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Hat!!! <3
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

That headshot is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT omg.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I love the headshot! It is a perfect fit!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED