Now Open - Variety Show Auction (Racehorses, Broodmares, Foals, Yearlings)

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Now Open - Variety Show Auction (Racehorses, Broodmares, Foals, Yearlings)

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I've put up another auction limited to new, junior and intermediate players with ~180 horses of all sorts, but should all be great fits for newer barns and restricted tracks. They include all sorts of things:
  • Seven active racehorses, including Leonidas, a multiple graded stakes winner, and Womanizer, the 5yo half brother to Christopher Robin and Goldfinch (our of Schuylkill). Both are ungelded, Leonidas has already cleared the earnings bar required to try him as a stallion and Womanizer could conceivably get there
  • A 2yo Steward Bred that I paid $2.5m for, Kept Daddy
  • A 3yo that just broke his maiden with an 87, and worked 57.49 yesterday, Dozen Days, and another Royal Wilderness who just made a winning debut with an 86 speed figure
  • An allowance galloping half brother to Warder, Hawaiian Band
  • 19 foals, by sires like Auguste Rodin, Modern Games, Christopher Robin, Acid Test, and Duke of Edinburgh ... 10 are out of blue hen mares. Four are out of star mares, four are out of formidables, and the one who is 'good' has a 2yo full sibling who is a stakes galloper (the Billie Davies foal by Duke of Edinburgh)
  • A variety of broodmares at varying bloodstock levels, including Headlights Off, a freak and stakes producing (but admittedly aging) mare who is the second dam of a filly that just won a G1 on Friday (See You In Secret, out of Back Road Baby
There are way too many to list them all, but if you have specific questions about information that isn't visible in the auction, please feel free to shoot me a DM or ask here. I'll happily answer any and all questions, but I'll group them and answer publicly in this thread so everyone has the same level of information. I believe this is one of the better groups of horses put together that newer players have had access to, and to my barn and bloodlines that I usually hold pretty tightly to. Players can buy an unlimited number of horses.

Hopefully its helpful for the newer crowd! Happy bidding!
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Re: Now Open - Variety Show Auction (Racehorses, Broodmares, Foals, Yearlings)

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Just had to chime in....Eric has been doing stuff like this as far back as when i first started....Just great for the game ... Thanks again for keeping things competitive for the newbies....
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Re: Now Open - Variety Show Auction (Racehorses, Broodmares, Foals, Yearlings)

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Just a reminder ... a half brother to Goldfinch and Christopher Robin (Womanizer) is currently at ~$15,000. Leonidas, who could probably earn you $100k this year is at $35,000. I don't have endless numbers of these types sitting around, so get them while you can! I'm thrilled for people to get great values that can jumpstart their barn, and money is 100% not the point (or I wouldn't have restricted the auction) but don't want anyone to miss out because they didn't notice!