Breed My Mares (Contest)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Breed My Mares (Contest)

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I don't want to breed my mares this year but I know I'll regret it if I do nothing at all.... So I figured I could make a contest and let you all decide who to breed my mares to so that I don't have to think about it. I'm going to speed-breed right before breeding ends this year so you have a few weeks to get your suggestions in. If you make a good suggestion, you have a chance to win a prize.

Here is how it works. You all suggest studs for me to breed to. Enter your name and the suggestion into the spreadsheet below. Before breeding ends, I look through the suggestions and pick at random one of the suggestions (assuming it's a suggestion that makes sense). If I breed a nice horse from the suggestion you win a prize. If your suggestion is selected you also get a random entry for a second prize.

A spreadsheet of all my mares is here (it's a work in progress...): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

A couple of important facts:
- I have an overall budget in mind for how much I'll spend breeding this year and I want breeding to stay under that budget. So I will give a slight edge to lower-priced studs if everything else is equal.
- All foals will be bred for a random gender. No picking colt/filly
- I'm breeding less than 100 foals this year. Everything else will go into a lease auction that will be set to end a few days before breeding is done.
- I'm open to breeding to outside horses or my own in-house studs (e.g., Dopamine, Ill With Want). There will be special prizes for in house horses.
- As I retire mare this year they will be added to the list. So feel free to check back in at a later date if you want to make more suggestions.

Prizes:
- If you suggest a breeding pair that leads to a freak galloping foal you get to lease that foal for free for one breeding year. For fillies, you will get the first foal. For Colts, if the horse hits $350k and qualifies to be a stallion, you will get to lease the stallion the second breeding season for the entire breeding portion of break (Starting Week 16 Day 5 through the end of breeding)
- If you suggest a breeding pair that leads to a stakes galloping foal I will pay you a cash prize that is equal to the stud fee of the horse you picked (up to $100k)
- If you suggest a breeding pair that leads to a graded stakes winning foal, you will win a cash prize that is equal to one half of the horses total career graded stakes winnings
- If you suggest one of my own studs and the horse produced is a stakes or freak galloper, you get to race the horse for its first two years.

Special Prizes:
There will be two special drawings at the end of breeding. You will get one entry for each suggestion I choose. Plus, you will get 5 bonus entries for every stakes foal your suggestion produces and 10 bonus entries for every freak foal your suggestion produces. I will use a random number generator to pick the winners the week after gallops open up next year.
1) $250k Prize Money
2) 5000 GP
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Re: Breed My Mares (Contest)

I updated the list with some newly retired mares and completed the information for all of the stars and formidable. Keep making suggestions! Breeding starts as early as Saturday for me and will go VERY fast. Take a chance at some prizes!
Now Standing
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Last bump before I start breeding. I'll start breeding tomorrow. Get your suggestions in for a chance to win prizes.
Now Standing
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Add more mares after retiring tonight. I'm starting to breed already so get your suggestions in to have a chance at prizes!
Now Standing
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

Thanks for the contest and the opportunity to explore breeding as a new player! It was very fun!
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

Good luck!
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

I'll update tomorrow but you all did really well. This is going to cost me more than I expected. I ended up with no freaks but a tad over 15% of foals were stakes gallopers this year. I'll tally up the winnings and do the grand prize drawings tomorrow but at least 2-3 of you are in for some decent cash prizes. Thanks for playing.
Now Standing
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

The results are in. Players collectively picked studs for 8 of the 15 stakes horses I bred this year! Impressive. I'm happy to give out prize money as a result. The Prizes are as follows:

For selecting a breeding pair that resulted in a stakes or better foal:

Emkay: $177,500
Jose: $117,500
Stina: $55,000

For Selecting a breeding pair that resulted in a stakes or better foal to a homebred stud:
Emkay will race 66 Hope Machine - Plus, I've decided that Emkay also gets the first foal!

Grand prizes based on a draw from a random number generator:
$250k Grand Prize (#20) - Stina
5000GP Grand Prize (#44) - Jose

That collectively comes out to $600k and 5000 GP in prizes! Plus a free lease of a stakes galloping foal for 2 years and first foal.All prices I'm happy to spend for not having to breed half of my horses. If I'm not poor next year I'll probably run a similar contest so newbies, keep an eye out! I'll reach out to winners privately to hand out prizes!
Now Standing
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

It was a very fun contest and an amazing opportunity for a newbie like me to participate in breeding. Thanks a lot Brandon!
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

Thank you!!
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪