Warbler - New TR Stud - A+ Hypo!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Warbler - New TR Stud - A+ Hypo!

Post by Durzo Blint »

New TR Sire with an A+ hypo:
Warbler

Winner of the G1 Japanese St Leger (1 and 7/8) and the G1 Virginia Derby (1 and 1/4)
Also posting 90+ SF at 1 and 1/8 and 1 and 1/2

By Improvisational and out of Starlit - $656K earner and G1 Oceanside Oaks (1 and 1/8) winner!

Here are the hypos for my horse Moorea

Stud Fee: $50,000
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Re: Warbler - New TR Stud - A+ Hypo!

Post by Durzo Blint »

Only 2 outsides mares at the moment, is the stud fee too high? I wanted to keep it a little higher to protect his percentages, but do not want to detract from people using him - cheers!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Warbler - New TR Stud - A+ Hypo!

Post by Nicole Marie »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 month ago Only 2 outsides mares at the moment, is the stud fee too high? I wanted to keep it a little higher to protect his percentages, but do not want to detract from people using him - cheers!
I would say maybe a touch high. He's the only TR stud at 50K that isn't a seven figure earner, and of the three six figure earners at 45K, Dissimulation started even lower, Eternal View has only gotten 5 mares and Get My Fade On has gotten 0. Darkrai at $47,500 has only gotten inside mares. There are also two sons of Improvisational that are cheaper (Grogu and Coltrane).

I realize breeding and hypos also matter, but I feel like a 50K stud fee in general is high for a horse with his earnings and has some (but not a ton) of black type on the dam side. Finch Hatton won 471K but is only $30,000, and you're also competing with the first crop for Tick Tick Boom who is 40K. That said, part of why real life sire War Front has done so well is they're very choosy about who can breed to him and they price out a lot of breeders with his fee, so if you do want to focus more on percentages than outside mares, keep him where he is.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes