Foal male/female counter anomoly

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Howard
Miler

Foal male/female counter anomoly

Post by David Howard »

Currently In my breeding barn I have 169 foals, of which 84 are female, 85 are colts, and 0 are geldings. These are all bred by me as I've purchased no foals.

When coming to breed I should be able to produce another female foal to maintain the 50/50 ratio. However, on the breeding page I am being asked to pay 500 game points for a female as "This year you have bred... Fillies: 84 / Colts: 83".

The only thing I can think of is that it isn't counting Game Point Sired colts as I've got two of those.

Can this be checked and rectified?

Thanks,
David
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Foal male/female counter anomoly

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Game point foals (male and female) don't count towards those totals. Similarly, you can breed as many female game point foals as you like, and it won't count towards those totals, either.
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Rather than add this to the Two Small Things thread - please can the powers that be consider allowing Game Point Sired colts to add to the totals for breeding equality?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I don't see how you count colts, but not fillies. Either both count or neither count. I'd rather keep it as neither. Of the 583 GP sired foals so far this year, 330 are fillies.
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 month ago I don't see how you count colts, but not fillies. Either both count or neither count. I'd rather keep it as neither. Of the 583 GP sired foals so far this year, 330 are fillies.
As it stands, it's been detrimental for me to use a Game Point Sire which I'm sure isn't the intention. As an incentive to use GPS, I would still advocate for GPS colts to be included in the count, while fillies do not.
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'd actually been meaning to put "game point sired horses should count the same as sim money sired horses" on "two small things" but haven't gotten around to it.

The original argument for not having them count towards gender ratios was if you are actually using your game points to breed horses since those come from real money you should get extra benefits, like being able to pick the gender of the foal you want without it counting towards your regular totals. But now that you can use sim money for game point stallions that argument doesn't seem as strong.

I like you David have definitely been in situations where I just happened to breed a lot of males with game point sired studs without paying attention while on random, so now I have more male foals than females but can't equal it out with my remaining foals going to regular stallions because amongst regular stallions I have more females than males. And yes I could get around this by watching my male/female ratios when using game point stallions more or wait to breed to them at the end. But it adds an extra layer of complication to the breeding process. And as mentioned if you can use sim money for the stallions anyway I don't see why they are still treated differently.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*