SC Juveniles and Juvenile Fillies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

SC Juveniles and Juvenile Fillies

Post by Eric Gray »

The kids run tonight. Who does everyone like?
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Re: SC Juveniles and Juvenile Fillies

Post by Stina Vica »

All of them. But in the Bunbury i think every horse need to catch Amor De Tempesta.
Bunburette.. Relove, Set My World On Fire, Arima Kinen....
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have John Wick in the Bunbury.

He had some nice works early on, so out curiosity I put him in a mile race first time out. He finished 2nd, so not bad for a router who probably will like the 1 1/4 on up distances. He got some earnings, and some points, and racing experience, so not a total loss.

He then finished 2nd to Amor De Tempesta in a 1 1/16 listed stakes Week 10. It was a good race, they both hung back a bit and then together made a charge to the finish, Amor De Tempesta, soundly won by 2 lengths.

Race replay:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/raceview ... ID=2227436

John Wick won a GIII last time out, on Wk 14, so he's not doing to back in his 2 year old season.
Bad part for me and John Wick, is he drew the far outside post in the Bunbury. :(
I hope the longer distance will suit John Wick, and maybe he find another gear in that extra 1/16th of a mile an get the win : )

BTW... I love the name of Danny Derby's horse, Asimov -
Back in the mid 1970's when I was a teen, I think I read everything he wrote that I could find. One short story I really enjoyed was from the late 70's or early 80's was one called The Tail Wagging The Dog. I kind of wished I had kept the volume of short stories that one was in, but I gifted it to the local animal shelter thrift shop one year as I was moving and trying to reduce 'clutter' I didn't want to bring to the next home. I haven't thought of that author for some time, so when I saw the name on Danny's horse, I now want to go find some Asimov's stories and re-read them after all the decades since I last read them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 month ago
Bad part for me and John Wick, is he drew the far outside post in the Bunbury. :(
My Bunburette entry is post 14 so I feel you!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 month ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 1 month ago
My Bunburette entry is post 14 so I feel you!
I hope Wild Ships can over come it and finish well for you.

I must confess though, that while I'll be cheering on Wild Ships, I also have a kind of personal favorite in this race, with the filly owned by Durzo Blint.

Stargaze

I gifted Durzo a free lease on one of my 'Foremost' mares' and the resulting filly, Starlit, ended up being a GI stakes winning runner, and she's the dam of Stargaze.

Maybe they will have a winning tie. :P

Best wishes to both of you.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

For me personally, I don’t think I’ve ever had multiple runners in the same SC or TC race. Tonight, I have 3 little ladies going in the Juvenile Filly. One, Perfect Kiss, I feel has a fairly decent shot, Another, Owetthenightfall, I believe has a punchers chance to hit the board or at least pick up a check, and a third, Quiet Eyes, that probably should be racing elsewhere but who knows. Either way, this is as excited as I’ve been for a race since The Next Big Thing ran in the Louisville Derby. Good luck to everyone this evening.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

From the outset of this year, I've been saying that my best chances at a Steward's Cup this year would be on Thursday. This is because I ended up with 4 freaks in this 2yo crop: a dirt router named Kiss the Kitty, a turf router named Sylvia, a turf miler named Druddigon, and a turf sprinter named Cleo the Snuggler.

Kiss the Kitty ended up racing against the boys in a G2 in week 15 (finishing second), but the turf horses are all in tonight. Combined, they have a record of 13:12-0-1.

Cleo the Snuggler - who is named after my cat and not the simster - is coming off of two straight G1 wins in Australia, and is the leader in points and earnings in the filly turf dash. However, the winner of the Silver Slipper has historically struggled to go back out and win the Steward's Cup in the next start, so we'll have to see if she can overcome that disadvantage.

Druddigon might very well be the best turf miler I've ever bred. That said, he has a big disadvantage in drawing the rail, and I am very afraid of Tammy's colt in this race. Also you just never know who's going to have a big day in the Steward's Cup!

Meanwhile, Sylvia might be among the best turf routers I've ever bred, if workout times are any indicator. She even impressed in her lone barrier trial this year, where she beat Cinema and recorded one of the fastest barrier trials of all time in doing so. Now that may or may not mean much, and the Bunburette is always one of the craziest fields amongst all juvenile races in any given year, and this year is no exception, so we'll just have to see!

If I do manage to win one of these races, it would be my first Thursday SC win since winning the Bunbury in year 48 with End of a Hero
I have a stable full of cats
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 month ago From the outset of this year, I've been saying that my best chances at a Steward's Cup this year would be on Thursday. This is because I ended up with 4 freaks in this 2yo crop: a dirt router named Kiss the Kitty, a turf router named Sylvia, a turf miler named Druddigon, and a turf sprinter named Cleo the Snuggler.

Cleo the Snuggler - who is named after my cat and not the simster - is coming off of two straight G1 wins in Australia, and is the leader in points and earnings in the filly turf dash. However, the winner of the Silver Slipper has historically struggled to go back out and win the Steward's Cup in the next start, so we'll have to see if she can overcome that disadvantage.

Meanwhile, Sylvia might be among the best turf routers I've ever bred, if workout times are any indicator. She even impressed in her lone barrier trial this year, where she beat Cinema and recorded one of the fastest barrier trials of all time in doing so. Now that may or may not mean much, and the Bunburette is always one of the craziest fields amongst all juvenile races in any given year, and this year is no exception, so we'll just have to see!
LIES! LIES AND SLANDER! Cleo is me and I am Cleo and I love her and of course she’s named after me 🤣🤣

That Bunburette field is one of the most insane I’ve ever seen. I had a filly I was maaaybe considering running there and then I saw what was in it and noped the heck out of there all the way to Europe. I’m predicting at least half that field to retire as multiple G1 winners. Very nice fillies.

Speaking of cats. I’m hoping Tumble can win the Juvenile. He’s named after Erin’s beloved cat who passed away. Erin had given me the mare so I tried to breed a really nice one from her to give Erin because she was so sad and somehow he turned out decent. His little sister is a late blooming stakes too, so I’m also following along for her sake.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

My Bubury colt hasn’t decided whether to be a good one or not. He’s thinking about it, so unless he decides in the affirmative pretty quick he’s not much of a wager but he’s freak peak and the run won’t hurt him any. Moon shot.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 1 month ago My Bubury colt hasn’t decided whether to be a good one or not. He’s thinking about it, so unless he decides in the affirmative pretty quick he’s not much of a wager but he’s freak peak and the run won’t hurt him any. Moon shot.
Congrats to all the winners! Very happy with my mid-pack finish, I'll take that!