Interesting Find about my Racers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Interesting Find about my Racers

Post by Tammy Fox »

Maybe it happens like this all the time but I always thought improvers happened after their second race, at the beginning of the new sim year, after Week 8 Day 7 Barrier Trials, I did not realize some happened after Week 16 Day 6 Races were over. I have had 2 or 3 that I checked week 8 Day 7 after barrier trials with no change then I checked them again around Week 15 Day 3 just trying to keep them fit with no change then I checked the same racers today and now they are Peak, so I guess I missed that there was and additional improvement check that happens at year end. So I decided to go ahead and check others that I did check Week 8 Day 7 after barrier trials and sure enough they have also become peak now even though they were not peak at mid-season festivus.
Now none of my yearlings and 2yo arabians have changed from Progressive or LB to peak as of today so maybe it is something that only affects racers.
I did discover a couple of new stakes-peak that I expected and one Stake-LB that became a Freak-Peak Turf route 2yo filly(I had a feeling she might go freak based on her doing winning 2 of 3 starts and coming in 3rd in her third start but I feel like the third start was a third place finish because I raced her every 2 weeks and she was tired from that and I should have given her a 3 week break instead of racing her, granted her wins were in a maiden and an NW2 and her 3rd was a stakes race plus who knows she could have been racing against some Freak fillies in that race and she was still waiting to improve).
Anyway, I thought it was interesting to discover that and like I said maybe it is something that has always happened and I didn't know about it until today.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Interesting Find about my Racers

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Interesting that you bring this up. I have noticed that a handful of people gallop/talent check their horses Week 16 Day 6, but i've always just shrugged it off. I just went through and checked a few of my current racers, and indeed, I have a horse that was Freak Progressive at the mid-season gallop change, who is now Peak. We have only had Day 6 racing during Week 16 for a few seasons now, and I'm wondering if perhaps this is a bug associated with that change.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

It’s not really a bug. Before the day 6 races were added the admin said that the gallop changes happen after the last races of the season. That would’ve been South Pacific before giving you 1 hour before the season changed to break. Not you have 11 hours before that change over. This feature has been here for long time.
;p
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Ah, good to know! All these years, I could have been checking my runners before break started 😅
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ooh I didn't know this! I just checked Pleakley and he's now freak peak (has been stakes LB since his first gallop as a yearling).
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Rats. I was super-busy yesterday, didn't get on, and now it's break and I can't work anyone.... *sigh*
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

This saved me so much time! Now I just have babies to do when the year turns.