Take by the Sun has his First Freak

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Take by the Sun has his First Freak

Post by Tammy Fox »

I just wanted to congratulate Take by the Sun's owner on having his first Freak today. I owned Sun and sold him as he is a lesser known stallion and I wasn't really using him that much for my mares but I did breed him to a leased blue hen mare who had an offspring by his Sire Take by Storm that was doing well and I ended up with an A- Hypo. This led to a Stakes-LB filly who didn't have spectacular Freak like works although they were not shabby either and this year she 3-2-0-1. Her wins came in easier Maiden and Allowance company but I was racing her every two weeks and I suspect by the 3rd race which was a listed stakes race she was tired and I should have rested her instead of running her back again after 2 weeks since she is only a 2yo.

I checked her today as I noticed some of the ones I had been giving a break from racing were showing improvement from progressive or LB to Peak (and yes I did check those horses at mid-festivus with no changes) so when I checked her she improved from Stakes-LB to Freak-Peak.

I did put her up for sale for $6,000,000 since I really don't want to sale her but if someone wants her for that amount then I am fine with parting with her since I have another Freak-Peak that I like better that is a yearling right now that will start racing next year. She is a longer career filly but I am guessing she will bloodstock check at worse as formidable but there is always a chance she could end up bloodstock checking as a star or blue hen.

But anyways, congrats to Take by the Sun's owner. At $5000 stud fee, he might be a good one to take a chance on with some of your better mares as it seems he may be a diamond in the rough and produce better than thought. I know most every one of the foals that I had by him were Allowance ranging from peak to Late Bloomer and I suspect some of the LB will become future stakes-peak.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Take by the Sun has his First Freak

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Very nice. I sold him and kept my other take by storm colt who hypoed better you must be better breeder than me.
;p
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Re: Take by the Sun has his First Freak

Post by Tammy Fox »

I just have a thing that if a similar cross worked well before then it might work well again. Hence I look at how a mare crossed with a stallion's sire if she was ever bred to them and if it looks good then I give it a try. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails. All part of the fun of breeding.