Appreciation Post - Signaling

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Appreciation Post - Signaling

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Once upon a time, there was a barn largely focused on dirt routers. And then suddenly a bunch of random real horse lines (Golden Horn, Highland Reel) came together with SIM lines. And then suddenly there was a horse who had won two SC Turfs, and three SC races total ... Plus twice in Dubai. And a Melbourne Trophy for fun. And an English and Irish Derby. And... She's a mare?

As one of the longest tenured players in the SIM (Jon? You have me beat!), it's miraculous to somehow find the best horse I've ever owned, and the best filly to ever step foot on turf, some 6 SIM decades in.

I love this game.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Appreciation Post - Signaling

Post by Cleo Patra »

I love that you’ve never shied away from a big race with her, even when she’s had the occasional form hiccup. Lovely mare indeed.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

She's so much fun to watch. From a distance.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

She’s always the one I try to steer clear of and absolutely brilliant! Congrats on an amazing achievement!
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

This mare is so very nice. I've been watching, waiting for her to break that 100SF but its looking like she doesnt even need to. What an awesome horse
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Cleo Patra wrote: 1 month ago I love that you’ve never shied away from a big race with her, even when she’s had the occasional form hiccup. Lovely mare indeed.
This is what's so ridiculous with her. I've raced... Mirror. Loki Reflection. Spark. Whitney. Schuylkill. Goldfinch. And the only one that you could basically just say 'eff it, don't care about her gender' is Signaling.

Nobody should ever do this with a filly/mare in the SIM unless they somehow find the best to ever do it, and if you do ... Please, step back and appreciate what you've got. I've been doing this thing since I think 2001/2002 on the Gregorian calendar, and I first ran horses in year 5 or 6 on the SIM calendar (single digits, I didn't forget the second one)?

I'm thrilled with what Signaling has accomplished but mostly appreciative of what the game has done for me, specifically - and the idea that it keeps getting better. I'm married specifically because of this game an an introduction from it (love you, Lauren!), I have amazing friends from this game, and I have so much fun.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I already sent Eric a Congrats PM.

Signaling is so awesome.
I pointed out in the PM, that when Roughian was racing, for most of her career the purses were higher and Roughian was age 6 when she retired, taking the #1 spot for the Sim's top earning mare...a spot that had been held for decades by the prior title holder.

But Signaling...ran all her races where the purses were lower than the same races back when Roughian was in her prime, and Signaling will be 6 next season, but at age 5, she's bumped Roughian from the #1 spot. So, yeah, what an amazing mare!

She will be, without a doubt, the first mare to earn $10 Million. And I hope she shoots past that mark enough to make it even more of an achievement for the contenders to come to break it : )

I'm going to do my best to try to breed that one...lol But I doubt lightning will strike twice.

Congrats to Eric and Signaling.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I am absolutely in awe of that horse. I can't wait to see what she does next year.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

She's an all time great and it has been so much fun to cheer her on!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 month ago I already sent Eric a Congrats PM.

Signaling is so awesome.
I pointed out in the PM, that when Roughian was racing, for most of her career the purses were higher and Roughian was age 6 when she retired, taking the #1 spot for the Sim's top earning mare...a spot that had been held for decades by the prior title holder.

But Signaling...ran all her races where the purses were lower than the same races back when Roughian was in her prime, and Signaling will be 6 next season, but at age 5, she's bumped Roughian from the #1 spot. So, yeah, what an amazing mare!

She will be, without a doubt, the first mare to earn $10 Million. And I hope she shoots past that mark enough to make it even more of an achievement for the contenders to come to break it : )

I'm going to do my best to try to breed that one...lol But I doubt lightning will strike twice.

Congrats to Eric and Signaling.

Stormy
Any record that gets set is a recognition of two amazing horses. Who had it and who takes it.

I'm just truly appreciative, and wildly surprised that this is where I found the superstar like this.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

What a lovely mare!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

She's absolutely remarkable. Congratulations on such an incredible mare :)
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

She is amazing. Congratulations and thank you for writing the post!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Quite the horse!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

She is a beautiful mare, Eric, and you are a wonderful trainer. I always wish you would post more often because whenever you post I learn something good. Thank you for being you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯