New Year Goals Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: New Year Goals Thread

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Steward Cup 🤞
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

My goal is to prepare for the downward slide. I have some amazing horses this year and next but how long can my run of luck last? So I’m gonna enjoy it while it lasts and race Cinema in ALL the things for 2 seasons.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Anthem Theodosia
Two Year Old

Post by Anthem Theodosia »

I got back into the game halfway thru Y66 so I didn’t accomplish much tbh. Hopefully Y67 I can find out if I did good on my breeding and what I can work with.

Goals for Y67:
- Move away from DR and focus more on the smaller divisions to build my success.
- Be more careful choosing races for said horse and paying attention to what horses are already in the field
- I’m a very optimistic person and this game is a bunch of hurdles thrown at once lmao; I have to learn to have low expectations so then I can really celebrate when higher expectations happen.
- Not sure if this will happen but I would love to have a horse entered into a G3-G1 stakes and place top 3.

Lifetime goals:
- Enter a Called race
- Win a called race
- Have my win % be 50 or higher in a season.
- Breed a Freak foal
- Breed a Freak foal who is very successful.
- Eventually have my own stud (maybe)
- Find a way to organize my horses better.

These are just some goals off the top of my head. But I wish everyone luck on their goals next season! I’d love updates.
ANTHEM ACRES
Up N’ Coming breeding barn that specializes in the production of promising horses in all track conds.
Y66 Crop
UP N COMING HORSES
Mark Castles
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Castles »

Im far from those stellar numbers at the top but I'm hoping for more wins and improve overall win and OTB %.

As i near a full calendar year in the SIM, too many almost wins or 6ths for my liking in 66....

Improve my barns earnings and also quality of breeding stocks for Y68 and beyond is a goal for 67.

Set to unleash a fresh bunch of yearlings, see some improving gallops for my current barn and special watch over soon to be 2yo's after a season of work to date.

All the very best to all 😀
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Yeah, I do want my Win/OTB percentages to go up, to win a bunch of fancy G1 and/or SC races, see all my stallions post ridiculous numbers, have all my yearlings gallop freak etc....but my big actual goal is to get the correct freaking equipment for all my racers and yearlings.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 4 weeks ago Yeah, I do want my Win/OTB percentages to go up, to win a bunch of fancy G1 and/or SC races, see all my stallions post ridiculous numbers, have all my yearlings gallop freak etc....but my big actual goal is to get the correct freaking equipment for all my racers and yearlings.
This is SO real. In related news, I've added "actually work things correctly and don't schedule two weeks of works on your phone at 4 am" to my list of goals.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

-Breed 3 Freaks
--Breed 30 stakes
-Win x1 G1 'trophy' race
-Win 7 grade 1s
-110 stakes wins
-£17,500,000 total earnings.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Still be here
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez
Two Year Old

Post by Jose Eduardo Jarrin Vasquez »

Win my first 100 races and have my first million :D
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 4 weeks ago Yeah, I do want my Win/OTB percentages to go up, to win a bunch of fancy G1 and/or SC races, see all my stallions post ridiculous numbers, have all my yearlings gallop freak etc....but my big actual goal is to get the correct freaking equipment for all my racers and yearlings.
My trick for this:

I have my gallops/timed workouts training results **emailed** to me.

I also do two weeks at once. This is meant as a buffer, but I don't think of it that way (because then I'd just sit on my ass for 2 weeks and forget again). I update for the next week right away.

When I see the email, I log in and update it at that time. No excuses (meant for myself - not to scold you).

You could see if it works for you.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 month ago I don't really set goals for a season, though this year I do have one on the breeding end - breed FAR less foals.
So when the year turned over I had over 1000 broodmares and I currently have 593, 69 (nice) of which are 12 or over, so even if I choose to breed all of those, they'll be having their last foals

I'm by no means done with my cull, and I don't have much I'll be retiring this season, so I think I'm doing pretty well with this goal!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Get good, keep up
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Been a while since I've posted what used to be an obligatory and annual post in these threads for me, so I'll revive it.

"What are we gonna to tonight, Brain?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

No goals: Surprise me :D
Mary Lukas
Two Year Old

Post by Mary Lukas »

Rebuild, apparently I haven’t run horses since Year 21 (and year 66).
Guess who’s back, back again.