Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Post by Ma Springs »

Done breeding (almost, might be 2-3 more)!

Hopefuls... I hope for some fun surprises!

These A+ foals I also really hope will live up to expectations:

First foal out of G1 winner, TR:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1881557

Full brother to freak filly, TM:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1851822

First foal out of a mare with a damline I like, TM:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1870547

And this Auguste Rodin filly I like too, A hypo:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1855449

My problem now is, between daylight savings and surprise Festivus lately, I don’t know when it's time for gallops..! Anyone knows if this is a "normal" season or not? 😏
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ma Springs wrote: 4 weeks ago My problem now is, between daylight savings and surprise Festivus lately, I don’t know when it's time for gallops..! Anyone knows if this is a "normal" season or not? 😏
It is currently 9:30am on Friday where I am and festivus is supposed to be at 3am on Saturday, but I was joking with Autumn yesterday that we should ask Em how much we could donate to the cat rescue to get them right at the year turnover instead :lol:
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Don't mind me, hoping these foals turn our great, just trying to speak it into existence - so my personal top 10:

1) Lightcatcher - DR Filly out of Muse of Nightmares by Warder
2) 66 Elliebelle - DR Colt out of Elliebelle by Henry
3) 66 Neverever - DR Filly out of Neverever by Mace
4) 66 Melody - DR Colt out of Melody by Diamond Dopey
5) 66 Quickstorm - DS Colt out of Quickstorm by Fuel
6) 66 Starlit - TR Colt out of Starlit by Destination Anywhere
7) 66 The Dark Princess - DM Filly out of The Dark Princess by Cody's Wish
8) 66 Darkasher - DM Filly out of Darkasher by Gunite
9) 66 Zora - TS Colt out of Zora by Dirk Pitt
10) 66 Morning Rain - DM Colt out of Morning Rain by Dassem Ultor

Bonus two for good luck:
11) 66 Gentleheart - DR Filly out of Gentleheart by Diamond Dopey
12) 66 The Climb - DR Filly out of The Climb by Master of Deception
Last edited by Durzo Blint 4 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Done breeding. Not really excited about anything. Just leads to disappointment. Maybe the few Raider offspring I managed to get before pensioning. He is the only sire that gave me anything to speak of. 359 breedings. Ugh!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Long work week and some other things led to me finishing much closer to the wire than usual. Finished about an hour ago. For the third straight year, I failed to stay under 300 foals, but at least I did better than the last two years - I have a crop of 312 foals, including a set of twins, compared to 313 last year and 318 the year before. Given how many I bred in the last few days, I've got tempered expectations for Festivus, but at least I'm done :)
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I’ve got 13 Dr Hens and 11 Stars to breed and about 200 forms I won’t be breeding but after that I’m looking forward to relaxing for about 12 hours till gallops happen and then I will be very excited and wired hopefully Gallops goes great !
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

As Durzo said, trying to speak these into existence.

1) 66 Sage of Monticello - DM Filly out of Sage of Monticello & Cody's Wish
2) 66 Grey Wildcat - DM Filly out of Grey Wildcat & VoG
3) 66 Kentucky Trouble - DM Filly out of Kentucky Trouble & American Mischief
4) 66 Gold Turned Glass - DM Filly out of Gold Turned Glass & Flightline
5) 66 Nightingale - DM Filly out of Nightingale & Cody's Wish
6) 66 A.P. Wildcat - DM Filly out of A.P. Wildcat & VoG
7) 66 Mistletoe 'n Holly - DM Filly out of Mistletoe 'n Holly & Ace Charlatan
8) 66 Cat Ballou - Standardbred-Trotter out of Cat Ballou & Tls Just Do It
- Last 4 foals = 3 Freaks, 1 Stakes

Probably should breed all colts next year. Haha
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

1) Marvelstar has a half-sister by Spatula, so that one
2) I sent my best sprint mare to The Evil Empire, so maybe that one too
3) I Am Sock Raider went to Cataclyzm and her mom I Am Nightraider went to Impacts, so those
4) The very first horse I ever won a stakes with went to Elite Power, sentimental fingers and toes crossed for that one
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I never speak about my favourites, almost always jinxes them! 🤪

I do have high hopes for all the Beau and Nyx babies out there running around in the world though 😍

Edit: Also Apparently Starboy (from only 37 foals in his Y65 crop, and only 139 foals total) has 2 colts in the top 50 horse workout times for colts over 4f on turf. I tell you, hidden gem!
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Me too, Rochelle! As soon as I point a finger, the claiming sign goes up!

Instead, I’d like to remark on the number of exciting new stallions we have this year.

The dr division has Riptide, Exist and Henry. On the more affordable side is Dubai World Cup, Meth Up and Hum.
The tr division has The Farewell, Persian Force and Legalization. On the affordable side is Violinist, Heartbreak Lovers and my own Christian.
The ds I’ve seen all seem to be very reasonably priced. Including, My Scorpio, Acid House, Oscar De La Hoya, Jupiter and more.

Those are just the divisions I’m most interested in so I can imagine the rest of the Sim has their own favourites to be excited about. I will add, for the first time ever I have a chaser stallion, newly retired. Best of luck to anyone who has taken a chance on Bythelightofthemoon! And also to all newly retired stallions…best of luck on Festivus day!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 weeks ago Me too, Rochelle! As soon as I point a finger, the claiming sign goes up!
I try not to even look at my foals too much, especially the ones from mares I like. If the universe knows I am favouring some it slams down it's claimer hammer, or even worse. Productive. lol Like, almost can do something with it, but not really. Claimer is at least just, there was no hope at all, but productive...ALMOST something. :lol:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Nicole Marie wrote: 4 weeks ago
Ma Springs wrote: 4 weeks ago My problem now is, between daylight savings and surprise Festivus lately, I don’t know when it's time for gallops..! Anyone knows if this is a "normal" season or not? 😏
It is currently 9:30am on Friday where I am and festivus is supposed to be at 3am on Saturday, but I was joking with Autumn yesterday that we should ask Em how much we could donate to the cat rescue to get them right at the year turnover instead :lol:
So around 12 hours from now, works for me! Or how could we donate....? 😼
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

If I point out a favorite, the other foals get jealous and break its legs with a hammer. Then they go on strike themselves.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

anyone else get curious and pay the bloodstock fee on other peoples foals like i do lol
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nicole Marie wrote: 4 weeks ago
This would probably actually work. But seems fishy.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG