Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am finished breeding my 300 mares and eagerly awaiting Festivus on Saturday. Also, excited to train my coming 2yo steeplechasers to jump so I can see whether I want to continue with steeplechasing or get away from it.

I am most excited about my A+ Hypo Turf Route Impacts-Brilliance Colt.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1871180

This is my first ever A+ Turf Route hypo and I am terrified I am going to be super disappointed in this guy. That he will gallop like Allowance-Peak or worse. I want him to gallop Stakes or Better, but I know with the slide that happens there are no guarantees this guy will be a stakes or better galloper.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Re: Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

He's a cute one Tammy! Fingers crossed for you :)

I've been done breeding for what feels like a small eternity... I'm excited to see what this one does, but for silly reasons. I bred her dam on my birthday last year, and then I bred this filly on my birthday this year! (You get one guess as to my favorite cake)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1856253

Through some stroke of luck, not only is her dam a Blue Hen, but that hypo is a flat A as well.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Who's Finished Breeding, Ready for Festivus on Saturday, and What Foal Are You Excited About

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I was “done breeding” on Saturday and have managed to only make 3 more impulse babies since then!

I keep thinking today is Festivus (since it’s the last day before a long weekend). It’s very disappointing every time I realize it’s only Thursday 💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I am ready for the new year with a nice round 50 foals in my barn!
On paper, this is my most exciting crop yet. However, the game was generous and gave me tons of Freaks last time around, so I’m afraid that I’m due for a disappointing festivus.
Due to the nature of this crop, it’s VERY hard to pick one foal. I have fillies out of Fiery Eyes and Roughian, as well as my twins from Teal. However, the belle of the ball is this girl:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1878449

She might not be a TB, but it’s not often that you get to lease and get a foal out of an all-time great race mare, regardless of division!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I have a couple that I'm excited slash anxious about.

This Grand Canyon baby. The mare has an allowance LB yearling by my in-house stallion Notacatbutalawyer so I'm excited to see what she can produce on a flat A hypo to a much nicer stud.

Halley's first foal by Mattawan

Halley's half sister by Keeper of Memories - Halley was a B+ but the dam's A range hypos have all galloped well and this one is A range too.

My three Henry foals, out of two hens and one star, all A range hypos. (The link also shows my two Henry VII foals but I couldn't figure out how to filter it farther.

And this isn't one of mine, but Convict. Several sim years ago, Stormy had leased me Roughian's full sister Outlawed, and Jane McKeene was the resulting foal. As Stormy was super kind in leasing me Outlawed as well as paying the stud fee for me (I was still newer then and she wanted to help me out), I decided to lease Jane to Stormy for her first foal. Jane wound up being a blue hen and the hypo is A, so I hope for Stormy that he turns out to be a runner.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 month ago He's a cute one Tammy! Fingers crossed for you :)

I've been done breeding for what feels like a small eternity... I'm excited to see what this one does, but for silly reasons. I bred her dam on my birthday last year, and then I bred this filly on my birthday this year! (You get one guess as to my favorite cake)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1856253

Through some stroke of luck, not only is her dam a Blue Hen, but that hypo is a flat A as well.
LOL, I am guessing carrot cake and I love carrot cake too so good choice. Good luck with her!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I picked Prince Philip in Derby and after that I had to breed with The Duke and got this

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1855550
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Okay here we go 1668 wanna be freaks that will gallop claimer ready for "Festivus".
Curious as to what this one gallops, he is 3x3 to "Let It Go" and 3x3 to "Gladiator".
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1862092
Thanks to Laurel Addams for breeding all my TB DRers this season. 94 TB Drers ready for "Festivus".

Mixers there are a ton I am wanting to gallop better than claimer but low expectations from the "Pub" lol.

This will be my first season ever missing "Festivus" at 2am. My father's birthday is turning 80 tomorrow and we are having a sleep over at his house. He does not know this yet. :lol:

Good Luck to all and I will miss all the drama as our Freakies become claimers.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I *think* I'm done breeding... although there's still plenty of unbred mares in my barn so we'll see.
I'm excited to see how this crop gallops, crossing my fingers for something exciting but also trying to keep expectations low.

66 Measure of Worth is my foal from one of Cleo's awesome leases (thank you again!) who was a stakes winner for me and from a lovely family. Really excited for this one.
66 Power Stone Did I breed this one just because I could cross two of my favorites? Maybe. Her pedigree is super weird and I love her to death, so she'll probably be a claimer lol
66 Golden Horizons had to get this cross in before Franzia pensioned. Her dam was super fun to race (once she stopped being a jerk and peaked)!
66 Fiona the Bug this one's dam has a freak, a stakes (who's run a 93), and an allowance, so hoping for a fancy WLM filly.

And hopefully I did halfway decent with Craig's mares (watch his gallop better than mine lol) :D
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

At this point, I am just hoping that between last year, this year and next before they pension, that I have managed to breed an heir apparent for my stable from both Prodigal Son and War Like Me. Crossing my fingers. And probably going to chuck nearly all of my mares that look like stallion makers with the right pedigrees at them for colts next season.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 4 weeks ago At this point, I am just hoping that between last year, this year and next before they pension, that I have managed to breed an heir apparent for my stable from both Prodigal Son and War Like Me. Crossing my fingers. And probably going to chuck nearly all of my mares that look like stallion makers with the right pedigrees at them for colts next season.
I hear that Erin. I have been breeding a ton of fillies that are turning into hens. Next seasons I am going to breed some of my better mares and make them colts instead of fillies. I have like 6 or 7 soon to be 14yo studs so will need new blood soon.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 4 weeks ago At this point, I am just hoping that between last year, this year and next before they pension, that I have managed to breed an heir apparent for my stable from both Prodigal Son and War Like Me. Crossing my fingers. And probably going to chuck nearly all of my mares that look like stallion makers with the right pedigrees at them for colts next season.
That's kinda what I did this year. I basically decided that, since i had too many mares and most of my best horses tended to be fillies, to deliberately breed mostly colts this season, to reduce the number of future mares and increase the likelihood of getting a absolute top of the line stallion the likes I haven't really had in my stable before
I have a stable full of cats
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

127 bred this year, pretty decently divided with 65 boys and 62 girls. I tried to be much pickier this year with which mares I bred which will either work out fabulously for me or I'll have an awful crop, nothing inbetween lol.

As far as foal I'm most excited about, it's hard to pick, but the one I'd really like to see pop off is this girl. If I had a barn full of horses as consistant as her dam I'd be thrilled with my life; she hasn't dropped a 'big' horse yet but she's ultra consistant with producing good runners and I'm hoping this is the foal that really takes off.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Evelyne Cergerac
Two Year Old

Post by Evelyne Cergerac »

Done breeding when the GP 1/2 Day came around!

Excited about those 2 foals:
66 Playin in a Puddle - Picked up a daughter of Allura by Dancin in the Rain last week and bred her to Avacas's son Moose Knuckle who gave me an Allowance Progressive with another Dancin in the Rain mare last season. Bonus: the filly is inbred 3x3 to Centimeter.
66 Zerase - A Time for Chai colt I wasn't initially particularly excited about when I bred him but then Hope Bentley reported having a A hypo filly out of, as it turned out, a D's Tapeta mare so here I am, having expectations.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Done breeding!
Too many foals.

I am so excited about the steeplechasecrop that will jump now. The chaser studbook will have a total makeover after these crop has trained to jump.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...