Storm Drawing Near

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Storm Drawing Near

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I would like to promote my Steward's Cup Classic-winning Appaloosa Router Stallion Storm Drawing Near

He's only got 114 foals. No freaks. Still, he does have a Steward Cup Appaloosa Futurity winner in In The Storm, expertly campaigned by Hope Bentley. In The Storm returned to secure fourth place in a heavily contested Steward's Cup Classic as a 3-year-old this year.

I only bred seven appaloosa foals this year, of which only five were routers. I will never be able to support him. But if he can pull off Steward's Cup winner on only 100 foals and without any freaks, there ought to be quality in him. He's only 10k, and his dam line sees stakes winners up to the third generation, and stakes producers to the fifth. Thank you so much for the outside support he has gained to date!

If you read this and would consider leasing him through Year 67, please contact me via PM (my appaloosa broodmare band isn't getting any bigger :) ).
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Storm Drawing Near

Post by Lori Hamill »

I don't know how much this would matter but some people like to be able to create statebred races, especially if their horse seems to be struggling or needing a softner field for a boost. Storm Drawing Near is in Brazil so that might give some breeders pause.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Storm Drawing Near

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 weeks ago I don't know how much this would matter but some people like to be able to create statebred races, especially if their horse seems to be struggling or needing a softner field for a boost. Storm Drawing Near is in Brazil so that might give some breeders pause.
That is a valid point, Lori. The mixer game has never been very strong in Brazil. :) It's just where my one and only farm happens to be situated, and I like to keep my favourite horses there. But maybe I should consider moving him back to the mixer parts of the US. I think he has gained interest from great breeders, and he has seen good mares. His offspring also seem to be slightly overachieving for their gallops, which is always a good sign as far as racing numbers go.

I think he's a good quality horse with both high racing ability and high nicks (plenty of A+ nicks), deserving of more than I can offer. :)