Separate DS freak thread please

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Separate DS freak thread please

Post by Abby Brooks »

I dont breed dirt things, especially not sprint things, but this year I did and got a stakes lb with She Was Busy
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

A player sent the layaway program a nice little DS mare that happened to be free of WOGS. My first thought was to go to that line, but every possible pairing produced crazy inbreeding to other horses, so I sent her to Elite Power to get some vigor back into the pedigree. I think this division might be getting a little "short" (distance-wise) and "thin" (diversity-wise). We could use another like California Chrome, Elite Power, etc. I think Flightline is maybe supposed to help with this a bit but he's pricey. JMHO
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It seems to me that the overall freak count is down in all divisions. 2 seasons ago, I had 5 freaks, last season I had 2 and this season, alas, none. But lots of late bloomers, so there’s always hope.

Best of luck to all!
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Not big into DS, I want to be but it's a slow process.

5 yearlings

3 Allowance
2 Productive
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 4 weeks ago A player sent the layaway program a nice little DS mare that happened to be free of WOGS. My first thought was to go to that line, but every possible pairing produced crazy inbreeding to other horses, so I sent her to Elite Power to get some vigor back into the pedigree. I think this division might be getting a little "short" (distance-wise) and "thin" (diversity-wise). We could use another like California Chrome, Elite Power, etc. I think Flightline is maybe supposed to help with this a bit but he's pricey. JMHO
Gunite hypos as good as any DS stallion available right now, and the Steward already has sent 3 DS mares to him in 2 seasons. 1 being a freak, and the other two are ungalloped yearlings. Gunite is also 1/3rd the price of Flightline.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Randell Johnson wrote: 4 weeks ago Gunite is also 1/3rd the price of Flightline.
2/3. He is 100K currently and Flightline is 150K. I used him the past two years but won't be touching him at 100K.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Less freaks huh?

Well, when you never have bred one this phenomenon is undetectable... everything's fine here!

"True value is knowing what you can do without." - Knowledge Reigns Supreme
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 weeks ago It seems to me that the overall freak count is down in all divisions. 2 seasons ago, I had 5 freaks, last season I had 2 and this season, alas, none. But lots of late bloomers, so there’s always hope.

Best of luck to all!
Is this not what we as a community were kinda wanting? It's been a sim-long battle since I've joined of having lesser and lesser "fake" freaks, stakes, "wow" gallops, whatever you want to call them. I think its maybe an indicator that this shift of gallops more recently is hopefully evening out.

I'm not nearly as present as I should/want to be, so maybe thats just my narrow perspective.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Nicole Marie wrote: 4 weeks ago
Randell Johnson wrote: 4 weeks ago Gunite is also 1/3rd the price of Flightline.
2/3. He is 100K currently and Flightline is 150K. I used him the past two years but won't be touching him at 100K.
He was under a short lease to someone else. His price is already back at 45k as it was. No worries.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

You’re right on Abby. I was making a statement, not complaining. I’m all for accuracy in all we do…now if only our blue hen mares were actually ‘blue hens’.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Randell Johnson wrote: 4 weeks ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 4 weeks ago
He was under a short lease to someone else. His price is already back at 45k as it was. No worries.
That is good to know, because at 45K I will 100% be using him again.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Chris Barber
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Chris Barber »

Sadly, no DS freaks for ne which is disappointing. Hopefully, some of the late bloomers will come good 🤞
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

No DS freaks for me, even though it was a big DS foal crop, and I had 5 TB freaks in other divisions.

Em said the current racing crop of 4yo and over colts was 'meh'. Hopefully there are some rockstars among the 2 and 3yo colts this season or the stallion roster will suffer as some of the older stalwarts start to pension.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Cesar Raez
Miler

Post by Cesar Raez »

I got my first DS freak ever by At Time’s End.
Big +: Late Bloomer
Big -: Likes Mud
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i serioulsy think all us DS players got it up the ..... this year and thats not right i understand that Freaks are a percentage thing but they cant all be in AW with Loyde and DR and a few other divisions something needs to be adjusted because no way some of the biggest DS breeders are coming up empty and dont give me the late bloomer stuff cause by then the DS career is over !!

this needs to be fixed its a total shame!