/

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

/

Post by Dan Gordon »

/
Last edited by Dan Gordon 4 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: This place is starting to feel like a private club lately

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I know stuff gets frustrating sometimes, but only 3 of the top 10 DR stallions are booked full right now, and hardly any of the top 50 DR 3yo are by a sire that is booked full.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dan, sometimes stallion owners reserve x amount of breedings for their own purposes, which including sending their own mares to the stallion but too, sometimes to fill out the odd request from a friend or other player so they can get a breeding from a stallion.

You might write to the stallion owner and ask, or see if you can get a spot reserved for the next season.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'll also add that several of the owners start the year with their horses at booked full until they have a chance to adjust the stud fees for the new year, once they see how gallops went. I looked at the list of DRs at "booked full" and I wouldn't be surprised if most of them open up spots in the next few days/Week 1.

Some may also be full because of the default number of reservations for the owner that was set in a previous year - I checked after reading this, and that was the case with Better Days, who started this year at booked full because of the number I'd set in a previous year. In his case, that's now been adjusted.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Laura's answer +1. That's exactly why I am booked full the first 2-3 days after gallops. I then reset the fees (if needed) by Monday latest.

Kent
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

War Like Me has been at least partially open since the year started and is now fully so, just saying.

I'll add a +2 to Laura's answer. In 95% of cases, the booked full status isn't anyone trying to be exclusive at all.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: /

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

/
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 4 weeks ago War Like Me has been at least partially open since the year started and is now fully so, just saying.

I'll add a +2 to Laura's answer. In 95% of cases, the booked full status isn't anyone trying to be exclusive at all.
I've (almost) never had an issue getting into a stallion I want from an open slots perspective. There's only one stallion recently that I was one of a handful of players that got any kind of special access to (which was unsolicited) and while every division has its' standout sires, at least none of the ones I run in only have one that's realistically useful in G1s.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

\
;p
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I’m honestly sick of the big boy club I’m done breeding Drs !!!!!!!!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

well if you miss the good ones this year, Blueprint will be retiring at the end of the year ;)
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I thought the big boy private breeding club ended with Dave Matthews Band pensioning.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 4 weeks ago I thought the big boy private breeding club ended with Dave Matthews Band pensioning.
All I know is that I have a stakes LB DR in my training barn and if I can breed one from my pitiful DR program, surely anyone can get lucky. Forte gave me this one, out of a DMB daughter from a gifted season. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1848341. Valley of Fire gave me two productives, so it is all just part of the deal.