Training 2yo Arabians, What is Your Program (ie gallops, works, etc)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Training 2yo Arabians, What is Your Program (ie gallops, works, etc)

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am curious how others train their 2yo arabians. Do you work once a week or do you have a different program like mixing up the training with swimming and galloping for routers or training with a track pony and galloping for sprinters? I am looking for different ideas on how to train my 2yos this year. I have found that if I work them regularly like once a week they tend to start getting slower in their works so trying to find out what others do.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: Training 2yo Arabians, What is Your Program (ie gallops, works, etc)

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I work them once a week, at 4F and 6F for sprinters and routers respectively. I have NOT found them getting consecutively slower. I stop at week 14/5 so they are well rested for week 1 races. Best to all, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.