Missing from the Simmys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Missing from the Simmys

Post by Nick Gilmore »

North American Female Sprinter Salsa

Anybody find anything else missing?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Missing from the Simmys

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

she earned about 110-120 max points in North America (not sure how much you get if you dont win)
I just don't think she earned enough points to make the list.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Cinema wasn’t in the North American Champion Two Year Old Male (lowest points total 112) but did make the North American Champion Male Turf Horse with 125 points. That baffled me a bit but I’m sure there’s some kind of reason and I just can’t see it.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I also noticed some of the 2 year old AW G1 winners aren't on the ballot, and since we only have 1 G1 race per gender/division, these really are the champion contenders.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Didn’t love my boy missing the All weather champion vote https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1692157 won the Sc 3 grade 1s 2 grade 2s
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm also a bit confused since the help section on the Simmys says
High point earners who never won a race but ran second every time are ignored - horses must have won a race to be considered.
But St Tropaz Mirage, who was winless in Y66, is a finalists for All Weather Older Female and Time For Chai is also a finalist for Older Male despite not winning last year. Now they clearly got on due to points, because both were very consistent, I'm just confused because their inclusion does seem to contradict the help section - unless it just means you can't be a maiden? But you'd think Simmy qualifiers would all be specific to the year in which its relevant.

It would be nice to have some clarification just so we know better, this doesn't seem like something that there shouldn't be complete transparency on. Especially since Cinema isn't included in his own division but someone made the ballot for the open division, that makes no sense to me.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Honestly, considering the non-significance of simmies I feel like we could retire the horse awards. They just cause problems every season and you don’t even get anything for them.

Keep the trainer ones though I guess because getting rid of those would perhaps be a little unfair.

This isn’t me complaining about this thread to be clear, it’s more like, the sim team has no time to do them manually and the automated system obviously has major flaws that come up every season. Seems a bit of a pointless exercise to me imo.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I like the Simmys but agree the process could be revamped. We could set criteria like at least 3 graded wins in a season for 3+, 2 for juveniles. I personally hate the entire concept of "points" as 1) it is cumulative and doesn't reflect the latest performances. 2) it punishes horses that are less sound severely and 3) It rewards dumb training as working a horse up to a big race instead of just throwing it at everything earns points.

We could have a volunteer for each division to go through the nominations and come up with a list and then use the polling on the forum or a private voting system like exists now.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

It also does not take into consideration that some horses are racing against easy fields in the stakes races where as other horses like my boy were racing against the top horses sometimes of the opposite gender in their stakes races.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Tammy Fox wrote: 3 weeks ago It also does not take into consideration that some horses are racing against easy fields in the stakes races where as other horses like my boy were racing against the top horses sometimes of the opposite gender in their stakes races.
This, and speed figures. But I think if we want to have all of this we would need to sign up for the work. We could do a Peopke’s Choice I suppose, nothing prevents us from adding awards.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

“ Keep the trainer ones though I guess because getting rid of those would perhaps be a little unfair.”

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? The entire mess is nothing more than a popularity contest and always has been.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 weeks ago “ Keep the trainer ones though I guess because getting rid of those would perhaps be a little unfair.”

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? The entire mess is nothing more than a popularity contest and always has been.
Nick, I appreciate you probably didn't mean it this way but that came off a little passive aggressive to me. No bad blood here, just thought I'd say.

I agree it is a popularity contest, I just figured people would be mad if the player awards were gone. Personally, getting rid of them wouldn't bother me.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 weeks ago Honestly, considering the non-significance of simmies I feel like we could retire the horse awards. They just cause problems every season and you don’t even get anything for them..
Your horse gets a title. If titles don't matter, than neither do SC wins, nor trophies, nor anything else in the sim. Might as well not even enter your horses in races because you don't even get anything for any of it.

The simmies may be insignificant to you because you've already bred and raced a lot of nice horses, but they're not insignificant to everyone. Burned out players shouldn't be deciding what rewards matter to enthusiastic players.

I have my first top competitive horse that I bred for myself, a turf sprinter filly. I'm proud of the job I did campaigning my filly this season and I'm happy to see her with such a big point lead that she will collect two more simmies.

Also, the simmies are all that's left of circuit play. I started before first class shipping was introduced and I miss there being strategy/tactics to racing our horses. I used to do quite well as a novice and junior running dirt horses in ungraded stakes in Mexico. Now it's just people with more money than sense dropping last minute multiple-G1 winners into ungraded stakes to maintain their confidence before flying halfway around the globe to pick up an "important" win. I parked my filly in the Barbados and won the filly TS triple races there. I would like her Island simmy, please.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I agree with Gwen. And if I had to choose one or the other (which I know isn't something actually happening), I'd honestly prefer to keep horse simmys and do away with player simmys since smaller barns or newer players can get a big horse that could win or at least be a finalist, whereas you have to have a very solid barn in general to have a prayer of a player simmy.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pretty rude to call me burned out and imply I’m unenthusiastic about the game. Not sure where that came from but ok.

Just said my opinion and made a suggestion 🤷‍♀️ I also hear your opinion which is fair, and yes perhaps having played longer things like simmies have lost a bit of significance to me. That tends to happen when you’ve been around for over a RL decade and have seen the vote cause a multitude of problems and drama every break, only for it to just die anyway after one week.