Missing from the Simmys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: Missing from the Simmys

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 3 weeks ago she earned about 110-120 max points in North America (not sure how much you get if you dont win)
I just don't think she earned enough points to make the list.
Out of curiosity I dug up the points system in the FAQ, Salsa came out with 108 points.

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 3 weeks ago Didn’t love my boy missing the All weather champion vote https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1692157 won the Sc 3 grade 1s 2 grade 2s
Nicole Marie wrote: 3 weeks ago I'm also a bit confused since the help section on the Simmys says
High point earners who never won a race but ran second every time are ignored - horses must have won a race to be considered.
But St Tropaz Mirage, who was winless in Y66, is a finalists for All Weather Older Female and Time For Chai is also a finalist for Older Male despite not winning last year. Now they clearly got on due to points, because both were very consistent, I'm just confused because their inclusion does seem to contradict the help section - unless it just means you can't be a maiden? But you'd think Simmy qualifiers would all be specific to the year in which its relevant.

It would be nice to have some clarification just so we know better, this doesn't seem like something that there shouldn't be complete transparency on. Especially since Cinema isn't included in his own division but someone made the ballot for the open division, that makes no sense to me.
These are highly confusing to me and I do think there's something off with the Sim's automatic calculations for the ballot this year. Now, I have no idea how any of the "behind the scenes" coding works for the Sim, so take this with a grain of salt, but I did put in a bug report a few days ago because the earliest winners of the NA Female Turf simmys are now listed as "All Weather Champion Older Male". I think it's unlikely that the two are realated but I thought it worth bringing up because it shows that there's something that happened fairly recently that threw off code on the back end; I think it's unlikely that a horse like Fiji would have a clearly incorrect simmy showing on her for a long period of time before someone noticed
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I'm so offended.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 weeks ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 weeks ago “ Keep the trainer ones though I guess because getting rid of those would perhaps be a little unfair.”

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? The entire mess is nothing more than a popularity contest and always has been.
Nick, I appreciate you probably didn't mean it this way but that came off a little passive aggressive to me. No bad blood here, just thought I'd say.

I agree it is a popularity contest, I just figured people would be mad if the player awards were gone. Personally, getting rid of them wouldn't bother me.
My apologies Ms. Hanson. It just seemed silly to loose the horse awards, but keep the people’s. People, myself included, are proud of the awards their horses win. I was tickled as heck this year to see an older horse of mine nominated. Now he’s got no shot of winning, but he got his 15 minutes of fame, so to say and it was fun while it lasted.
I can be a bit sarcastic at times, and again, my apologies.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I would be sad if horse Simmys went away, player ones I’m indifferent to. Seems the same handful of trainers just trade winning them. Have to have a breeding program with 50 years under your belt and no one will ever catch up.

I think there are too many different play styles for player Simmys to really be…accurate? How do you compare someone who runs 5 horses in a year to someone else who runs thousands? 🤷‍♀️

I miss the days before first class shipping when horses would generally stick to a continent. Now it’s more challenging when horses are popping all over the place and one horse drops in to win the one grade 1 race on a continent and then ferks off to the next G1, while there are horses who stay there and run in every race possible but missed out on the biggest race. Now when they both get nominated, the G1 winner looks shinier when in reality the other horse has actually been more consistently run on that continent

I’m sorry if none of that made sense. Work was bananas after the long weekend and my melatonin is kicking in 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

It would really mean a lot to me to win one. I haven't yet bred and raced a horse that has earned it. If I ever manage, it will be a lot of fun for me.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Keep the horse Simmy's. I can, on occasion, win one of those. A Trainer Simmy will never happen for me but those should not go away either. It's all just part of the fun.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

oh keep the simmies, why not.. makes for good fodder and I one year didnt quite understand how it worked so when I had a 2yo that was 7 for 7 including the 2yo championship get no mention, I wondered why. If you travel your horse a lot in this system its likely to suffer for it. So, dont sweat it, if your horse gets something, great. If not, you were no worse off than before.. so relax and enjoy and nothing is personal. .Except (lol) when I got an email from Phil Furlong asking for a vote.. I usually dont vote in the mixer awards. But when I got that email I voted for one horse.. The horse running against the horse mentioned in the email! Sorry Phil, I think the horse should speak for itself! no solicitations! no trespassing! :) You vill be punished! And you vill LIKE IT!! Lighten up Francessess just because you spent untold minutes looking over hypomates to get that extra special claimer for 100k, this is no time to cop a poor attitude! Show grace and poise and cull your barn into oblivion! That will show the powers that be whats what!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

😂😂😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 weeks ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 weeks ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 weeks ago “ Keep the trainer ones though I guess because getting rid of those would perhaps be a little unfair.”

Do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds? The entire mess is nothing more than a popularity contest and always has been.
Nick, I appreciate you probably didn't mean it this way but that came off a little passive aggressive to me. No bad blood here, just thought I'd say.

I agree it is a popularity contest, I just figured people would be mad if the player awards were gone. Personally, getting rid of them wouldn't bother me.
My apologies Ms. Hanson. It just seemed silly to loose the horse awards, but keep the people’s. People, myself included, are proud of the awards their horses win. I was tickled as heck this year to see an older horse of mine nominated. Now he’s got no shot of winning, but he got his 15 minutes of fame, so to say and it was fun while it lasted.
I can be a bit sarcastic at times, and again, my apologies.
No worries at all Nick, I know you never mean stuff in a rude way. I perhaps overreacted a little myself!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Can we just get percentages or number counts in the voting like a poll so I can see who the most popular and vote for them or not
;p