Gord's Secret to honor Tragically Hip - lower stud fee

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Gord's Secret to honor Tragically Hip - lower stud fee

Post by John Smith »

Gord's fee to be reduced to the $42k fee for which Tragically Hip last stood from the magnanimous Dan Gordon who kept Hip's fee low for his whole stud career.

In case you didn't know, Gord's Secret sired Yr. 66 Steward's Cup 2 yold Filly Turf Dash winner. The Shield Maiden owned and bred by relative newcomer, John D'Arc. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1771339

Some insights
Gord's Secret https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1771339 was a late bloomer himself, not freaking until 4 if his earnings are a concern. He also lost time due to being found in an auto dispersal - not to mention he was campaigned by a rookie (me). This season I bred 28 foals - 22 were late bloomers, So I think his gallops still have room to improve as his first crop is 4 this year - Gord's year to freak, while following crops are also maturing.

If you were one of the 17 that bred to Gord and got a solid or claimer this past breeding season, I will give free breedings to any of my stallions below up to the stud fee value for the Gord claiming/solid foal(s) you may have bred this past year.

Gord will also tour again this season sometime after week 7 perhaps, if interested in getting a Gord eligible for other state bred races than Maryland.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Re: Gord's Secret to honor Tragically Hip - lower stud fee

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Hi John-- is this fee reduction for the year, or just temporary? What a nice gesture :-)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Meghan Kingsley wrote: 3 weeks ago Hi John-- is this fee reduction for the year, or just temporary? What a nice gesture :-)
For the year...maybe indefinite. I'd like to see his foals running for years to come after he is done. Hope he can grab some more legacy versus cash at this point. I don't think I have managed him correctly on the track and of course he was benched for so long in the auto dispersal (a great story).

I probably should limit his foals until they bloom, but... I believe our SIMsters are sophisticated enough to see the "excuses," in his winnings and possible stats (which aren't bad, btw). I've mismanaged before, so what else is news!?... At least that's the rationale in my mind.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

I have a couple of promising youngsters by him, so will send a couple more mares his way :-)