Every New Season After Gallops

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Every New Season After Gallops

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I feel like every new season during the last week of break where we can enter horses, but don’t race until the following week…..it gets harder and harder to get myself motivated to start entering horses again lol.

I feel like I am in a daze. Takes me until about week 2-3 to really get going again.

Anyone else?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Every New Season After Gallops

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm always far more bored this week than I am the last week before festivus.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My mind is still somewhere in Year 58.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think one reason is because festivus for the restofus used to be sunday evening, so the time between the gallops and the racing is now increased 2 or 3 days.. I think there really isnt any reason I can figure that you have the whole week between end of races and foals are due, why cant the races just start the monday after the saturday morning gallops? Seems like nothing more than a waste of time otherwise?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Art K Stables wrote: 3 weeks ago I think one reason is because festivus for the restofus used to be sunday evening, so the time between the gallops and the racing is now increased 2 or 3 days.. I think there really isnt any reason I can figure that you have the whole week between end of races and foals are due, why cant the races just start the monday after the saturday morning gallops? Seems like nothing more than a waste of time otherwise?
The break is for the front office and not necessarily for the employees (us).
Andrew James
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrew James »

I like this week. Love the spring cleaning time. Can't stand the long break.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I think it’s because the Big races don’t start until 2-3 weeks in and there isn’t much to look forward to after that.

Also starting races on the Monday after gallops wouldn’t leave a ton of time to get entries set up and horses shipped for those who use auto or ship 3 days before
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I think getting out of routine will do that to you.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I am ready for the races to begin. 402 horses entered and ready to go. Now I can relax.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

1738 runners entered. 386 foals on the ground and named. Rushing on breeding in some divisions as I have 8 14yo studs that may pension at anytime. Yearlings galloped and trackwork finished. So bring on the new season 😜.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

It does break your rhythm but I enjoy the 2 week break
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 weeks ago 1738 runners entered. 386 foals on the ground and named. Rushing on breeding in some divisions as I have 8 14yo studs that may pension at anytime. Yearlings galloped and trackwork finished. So bring on the new season 😜.
1738? I would put a bullet in my brain. I don't know how you do it. I don't hate myself that much.